Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Must Haves: Week One

So even though its still basically summer in South Florida, I'm still loving all of the new fall looks hitting stores this season. I've just about come to terms with the fact that while I probably won't be able to wear most of it, I can take advantage of all of those cute things that I didn't buy last year, because of the brutal Baltimore winter (yes, I get it, I'm a wimp and yes, I know, Baltimore is not THAT cold). However, these looks are the ones I'm most excited about, and the ones that I think can be the most transitional.

1. The Moto Look: I never thought this would be something I'd get into (I'm pretty traditional in my looks) but I am becoming absolutely obsessed with this. Now, when it come to trends like this, love to get the most high end looking piece for the least amount of money. Rarely do I 'invest' in expensive trendy items (but occasionally, I will.)

So, first off we have a tweed moto jacket - I've seen alot of these, but this one is my favorite because I think I could really pull it off in Palm Beach. Now, if you live in say, Boston, then you may want to move on to option 2.



This jacket, by Rhyme Los Angeles is only $98 and can be found at piperlime.com. The best part about this jacket, is that it has some of that "moto" edge but when the trend dies, you can still pull this off as a classic chic jacket with a pencil skirt, or a pair of jeans.


This next look still has that classic tweed material, but adds some edge with leather details. The darker colors make it look very NYC chic.



This jacket is actually on sale right now for $118 at VictoriasSecret.com - and today there's free shipping and $20 off $150!

Of course the best 'moto' look is the leather moto jacket, but that's not in my budget, not in my climate, and not something I'd wear forever. Remember, in order to be on trend you don't have to buy super expensive pieces, but find ways to make the trend work in your closet.

Now, on to the next trend...

2. Distressed Jeans - I have lived in my denim cut off shorts for years now, and I think its sufficiently safe to say that I love this look. It is time for me to invest in some ripped up jeans.Now, the question is, do I go 'skinny' or do I go 'boyfriend'. I'll admit, my problem area is my thigh region and so while the boyfriend cut will hide that, I feel super fat when I try them on. So, I will most likely go for a straight or a skinny. Here a few pairs I'm considering...

 (I'm a bit of a jeans snob and usually wear either J Brand, Genetic, 7's or Citizens. But, lately with all the jean trends I've branched out to Rich and Skinny and Blank NYC as they are much more cost effective.)


 So this pair, to me, is PERFECT. Not too distressed, not too skinny, not too light...not in my size. Yes, thats right this $36 pair of perfection is only available if you are a Victoria's Secret model size 24. These are made by Blank NYC which has become one of my fave go to brands when I want a pair of trendy something. (I have a pair of hot pink velveteen pants by them as well - get my point?). Regardless, I thought the look was worth showing...Perhaps someone will return them to piperlime in a size 27!

This pair is probably my second favorite, and it is also by Blank NYC. They are a little more expensive coming in at $76. I'm still not sure if I'm sold on them - they are supposedly 'boyfriend cut' but according to reviews they run small so if you get your normal size, they are like skinnies. I like this fit on the model. What do you think?

Thats all I've got for today, but I'm sure I'll come across a ton of fun fashion finds to share!

xx
M



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS