Thursday, May 5, 2016

Five on Friday

I've been in a blog slump lately - it's been nearly a month since my last post, and it's not for lack of trying. I have three drafts sitting on my dashboard. But, for some reason, I'm just not feeling any of them. The month of April was full of birthday parties, friends visiting, my college reunion and a beach trip. Lots of things worth blogging about - just too busy living I suppose! So I'm getting back in the saddle today, with a trusty Five on Friday post. Here goes!


{one}
Shrimp and Grist Kids Spring Sale this week!

If you've never seen this childrens' clothing line, you are missing out. I've always perused their website, but have never bitten the bullet. Most of the outfits are $45-60 and frankly, I just can't stomach spending that much for an 'everyday' outfit. Maybe for a special occasion, but not just random shortalls. However, this sale has most things priced in the $27-30 range ... just low enough that I couldn't resist. So, I didn't. I purchased a size up, in the hopes that Beckett will wear them through October (because it better still be warm then...) 

Hurry up - they are selling out quickly! I am considering going back for fall items like this one below. I love the Tab idea - monogram it, and then just buy a new tab for the next child's monogram!


{two}

Eddie Ross's collaboration with Ballard Designs

Since my family room is STILL half decorated (pretty much still looks like this) I've been stalking every catalog I get for ideas. I've been told my almost everyone that it's important not to rush into decorating for hte sake of decorating...but man, I'm getting sick of looking at this brown on brown on brown room. This past week I just got Ballard Designs new catalog, and I'm in L-O-V-E with Eddie Ross's designs! I'm rather tempted to get his book as well...

I adore these red bamboo chairs..not sure I can make them work in my family room, but maybe some place else??

Eddie's book is called New Modern Mix and it's all about mixing modern and classic, new and old -- sounds perfect for me! 

{three}

We got our family/Beckett's One Year Photos back from our photographer, and they are so great! Dear Lissie Photography did and Ahh-Mazing Job. SO thrilled.




{four}

Bloodline is coming back.

I'm so excited, I can't even stand it. I have a complete crush on Kyle Chandler, aka Coach Taylor. Granted, I still have to wait until May 27th but at least its only a few more weeks! If you haven't seen Season One, I highly suggest you get to binge watching now.


{five}

Spring Planting.

The final freeze date has come and gone (April 15) so now that we are home from our trips, I've started pulling out my dying winter pansies and replanting. When we moved into our new home, the previous owner had planted vinca in two beds lining the driveway. They were full, and gorgeous and I am hoping that I can recreate it! I've decided my best approach is start planing early so they have time to grow. I planted some this week, and hope I can get the rest of them in by the weekend!

Happy Friday!




8 comments:

  1. I have been through several posts on this very subject but the satisfactory information that I found here is something that all other blogs are missing.
    Welding Machine Suppliers in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. We offer a high level of comfort to our guests with a quality service, 100% customer satisfaction, expert professional guide staff and foreign language experience. rize günübirlik turlar Rize Tours, we have been organizing Rize highland tours, daily vip tours to Karagöl, Ayder, Uzungöl and Batumi for over 17 years...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS