Monday, April 21, 2014

The Perfect Getaway

Hey Girlies...

I'm trying my hardest not to overshop these days, unless I'm purchasing 'need' items. Since I have 30th Birthday trip planned with all of my College besties, I've been obsessed with building the perfect resort ensembles to take me from the pool, to an evening out!

Here are a few items I found that I think would be some perfect options for my girls' trip!

1. The Perfect beach hat - 

This little number from Michael Stars is a cool $35 and is the solution to looking cute AND keeping the sun off of your face! I've always been a fan of the floppy hats, but sometimes its nice

2. The Perfect Bikini - 

My new favorite type of bikini is the barely there brazillian! I was recently introduced to a designer out of Miami, but made in Brazil - Luli Fama. Now, for those of you who are not quite ready to bare it all, you can buy the normal cut bottom. But, if you're going to go all out (and spend THAT much time at the gym each week) why not just commit and go full brazillian?! I prefer the string triangle top and rouched brazillian bottom, but there are lots of styles for you to pick your favorites!

You can buy this on several different sites including Nordstrom, and Amazon.com.

Here are my favorite patterns:




3. The Perfect Poolside Shoe - 

Lets be honest, we all have those perfect 3 inch wedges, or the darling leather gladiator sandal that we want to sport poolside at that high end resort or hotel. Those pools are regular fashion runways. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do, is ruin my favorite pair of shoes with sunscreen, cholorine or water.  That's why I suggest getting an updated version of the jelly sandal. (yes yes, I know what you're thinking...Old Navy circa 1995) BUT, get this - some of your favorite designers like Ferragamo (see yesterday's post) and Jack Rogers are now making Jelly sandals! Here is my favorite style - The Georgica.

Jack Rogers Georgica Jelly Sandal - $68 at Zappos.com These come in several fun color, and with a price you can't beat, you can get a pair to match all your favorite bikinis!



4. The Perfect Pair of Shades

I got Gayla Kate Spade sunglasses for Christmas and I must admit, I have NEVER been more in love with a pair of sunnies. I have a few more shapes I want to add to my collection that I've included here, as well as some other classics I adore!

Kate Spade Della Cat Eye Sunglasses  - I adore this shape, and they come in so many great colors and prints. I tend to always go for the tortoise shell, but this summer I really want to branch out and get some fun colored glasses!




Of course, there is the ever classic Ray-Ban Aviator (found here) - I'm sure you all know the look :)

6. The Perfect Maxi Dress


This is an absolute must. Sure, I love a mini skirt, and a skin baring sun dress, but a maxi dress is perfect way to look chic, while extremely comfy. To me, wearing a maxi dress, is like pjs. I die. (in the words of Rachel Zoe.)

Flying Tomato Havana Maxi Dress - $98 at Piperlime



I'm going to stop here - although anyone who knows me, knows that I am the quintessential over packer and would pack about 100 more "must have items" :) Maybe I'll do another post closer to the trip...when I've found more "gotta have its".

xoxo,
M


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS