Sunday, April 20, 2014

Affordable Spring Sandals


This week I had a friend ask me where she could find some fun, functional, and yet affordable sandals.  I think it safe to say that most girls want to look as chic as possible, for as cheaply and comfortably as possible.This season there are some great trends (read: gladiators, everywhere) but, lets be honest, they do not work for all of us. My friend, and me, both are lovers of flat shoes - which I think takes this search to a whole new level. It's easy to walk into any store and find a fantastic 3 inch heeled shoe, but finding a cute flat shoe? Not so much.  I will occasionally indulge in a heel, but after an ankle injury last year (and marrying a shorter guy) I've started trading in the stilettos for some flats.   Here are my picks - enjoy!




Zappos - Sam Edelman Gigi  - $80 from Zappos

The Gigi is one of my favorite styles from Sam Edelman. I have them in a plain black - but as you see below, they have tons of super fun color combos. Check out the link above to find the style shoe that fits your personality, and your wardrobe best!

Sam Edelman Glenna - $44 on 6pm.com

This shoe is much like the Gigi, but it has a some cool stone embellishments on the main strap.  They come in 3 cool colors, and add a bit of a Coachella Vibe to your look!








Salvatore Ferragamo Barbados - $195 at Zappos

OK OK, so these aren't exactly affordable. They are Ferragamo. BUT, if you were ever going to buy Ferragamos, these are THE most affordable. At $195, I think you can make the splurge, have a fun summer shoe, and tout the fact that you are, in fact, wearing Ferragamos. They are jelly - so the fit could be different - but living in South Florida, I see these as the perfect shoe for that flash afternoon thunderstorm (no running barefoot through the parking lot for me!)




Isola Adie  - $79.95 at Zappos

I am not as familiar with this brand of shoe, but when I saw it, I thought it was a great looking shoe, for a reasonable price.  It embodies a few of my favorite things, gold hardware, zippers, and studs. So first off, I love the gold toe detail, I think it just takes this sandal up a notch and makes it more expensive looking. It also mimics the stud trend that Valentino went to town with this past fall (Is anyone else devastated that those shoes required the sale of a major organ to afford??? Totally devastated.)  Finally, I love the zipper. Let's face it, I'm lazy. Buckles take forever, and most of the time you're already dressed, and who wants to be bending over or sitting on the floor to put on shoes? Zippers all the way.





Kenneth Cole Reaction Snipity Snap - $49 at Zappos

This shoe comes in several colors - and honestly I couldn't decide which one I liked the most! The Gold on Orange color scheme on this shoe I think is great for summer, and will go with alot of color palates - but you go with what works best for you!







DV by Dolce Vita Archer - $27-29 on 6pm.com

I'm a huge fan of DV by Dolce Vita, and with a price like this - these shoes will not last for long! I love them in the gold and black. I think the tipped toe and the gold bar are perfect accents, and the dainty lines will make your foot look elongated and thin.











DV by Dolce Vita Aileen - $27 at 6pm.com

Here is another DV by Dolce Vita sandal with a rounded leather strap and of course, gold detailing (are you sensing a trend here?).





Sperry Top Sider Everton $24.99 at 6pm.com

Ok, so I know this shoe is not for everyone - but it has a tassel. And, I can't resist a tassel.  Sperry makes a great shoe, and I love the snake skin/tassel combo. I think this would be a very comfy shoe, and it would go with anything!





Steve Madden Bant - $38.97 at 6pm.com

This shoe has a different gold hardware - the chain. I have these sandals in brown without the back strap and I wear them to death. Its a great shoe that is really elevated by the chain, and for that price, how can you beat it?





Boutique 9 7Palanee3 - $16.50 on 6pm.com

So, these shoes are practically free. I am OBSESSED with neon anything - and especially love it when paired with a neutral like this tan. This comes in several colors - check it out and pick out your fave! (I also added the leopard print version as well...)




Corso Como friendship - $35.55 on 6pm.com

This shoe plays off of the hurachi trend a little without going too far.  I love Corso Como because their soles are always very comfy and padded.





Steve Madden P-Trivol - $39.99 at 6pm.com

I don't know about you, but when i was a kid, my favorite shoes were my white hurachis! I'm pumped this trend is coming back and while these aren't exactly like the ones I had, they are so cute!





Steve Madden Reader Gold Snake color $39.99 at 6pm.com

No need to rehash all the great features on this shoe - but it incorporates several elements that we've seen in the shoes above -- but this shoe takes it to the next level with the gold plates on the heel. Do you love it? I do!





DV by Dolce Vita Ayden  $31.99 at 6pm.com

This shoe is very similar to Aileen but it doesn't have the knot by the toe. It also allows you to pick out contrasting colors as well. So, if you love the Aileen, you might love these too!









Vince Camuto Magda (petal rose gold) - $39.99 at 6pm.com

Olivia Palermo loves perforated leather, and so do I! This shoe has a cute bow on the front, a fun sparkly strap, and yet is a neutral sandal.






That's all for now, until next week!
xoxo
M



1 comment:

  1. I think my wife would like Corso Como Friendship the best. She always says that she hates cheap flip flops. I didn't know there was a difference between sandals and flip flops but I can tell now that sandals look much better. http://www.sandalsforever.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS