Friday, April 25, 2014

Flirty Florals and Sexy Stripes


Happy Friday!

In recent memory, I have not  been a big fan of floral prints (well, not since 1995) but they are back with a vengeance and I must say, I've jumped back on the bandwagon! Florals are a great way to add a feminine touch to your outfit, and if you're feeling bold, mix it with some stripes!  The trick to mixing these two patterns is to watch the sizing of the patterns. Try to be sure that you match the scale of stripe to the scale of the floral print.  Putting a large/wide stripe skirt with a smaller print floral pattern can look too busy, or mismatched. The best part about mixing these items is that there are no hard and fast rules - its all about what you think looks good. Here are some great pieces you may want to consider adding to your closet this spring!


ASTR Drape Back Floral Top - $46 at Nordstrom

My favorite part of this top is the drape on the back.  This top would look great with a navy striped skirt - or you can subdue it like the model with some crisp white pants!



This printed top has a tropical feel, and in some styles I think it could look matronly.  But I think in this wrap top, it looks modern, young, and chic. 





These cropped pants have a light and comfy feel, and pair well with a gauzy top and sandals. This model is wearing them with flats, but I would pair it with a wedge sandal and a slimmer fitting top.  



Boat Neck Printed Dress 99.90 at Zara

Too bad Easter is past, because this would be the perfect dress to wear for Easter Sunday! I'm obsessed with this dress. The boat neck is super chic, and the pattern is to die for.



Striped Dress with Wide Straps $79.90 at Zara

I love that this dress has varying stripe directions and a belted waist.





Striped Dress $79.90 at Zara

Anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about a tent dress. This is my go to style on weekends and trips - it fits any occasion and body type. (and those days you feel kinda fat...)

Layered Print Dress $79.90 at Zara

This abstract floral patterned dress is broken up with loose flowing layers.



 Striped Dress - Boat Neck $79.90 at Zara

Boat neck. Shift. Stripes. Need I say more? I can wear this to work, to church, to lunch with the girls...it's the perfect go-to!



Ark & Co Stripe Maxi Dress with Cut out back $89.00 at Piperlime

My favorite part of this dress, are the cut outs! I am absolutely obsessed this trend - and I love that it adds a little sex appeal with out revealing too much! 


Not gonna lie, this might be my #1 floral pick of the season. Courtney Kerr debuted these gorgeous pants on her blog last week, and I'm still dying over them. Hurry up though, they are selling out fast :) 


Until Later...

xoxo
M


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS