Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh, Hey Friday!



Hey Kids, It's FRIDAY! I've been counting down the days as of late with my impending vacay to Punta Cana! In case you're wondering, 3 days until I leave for Miami, and in 4 days, I'll be there! I'm linking up again today with The Farmers Wife, and September Farm!

So here are my five things for this Friday:


-ONE-

Chrissy Teigen.

 Prior to this year and her SI swimsuit issue cover, I honestly didn't know much about Chrissy Teigen. I knew she was a model, and I knew she was married to John Legend (I learned that on a Bethenny episode. Man I miss that show.) What I did NOT know, is that she is an unabashedly honest and silly girl. Sure, she's a supermodel, but she is the most normal celebrity I've come across in awhile (I know, I know, I don't actually know her). But, after spending some time following her on Instagram, and reading her blog So Delushious, I feel like I do! Check out her blog and IG, its highly entertaining. (I love the 'resting bitch face' jokes). This skinny model LOVES food, and has some great recipes and tutorials. Like how to make scallops, which is my personal favorite post so far.

-TWO-

New Hair!
This week I finally bit the bullet and actually changed my hair. I did minor subtle highlights, and got a nice new cut as well.  Right now it's not terribly noticeable, but I wanted to take baby steps, and its supposed to lighten naturally over time. We will see!Mine is not quite this light yet, but this is the 'look':



Here is me in the Four Seasons Resort bathroom sneaking a selfie #waytoclassitupmal 
I promise I'm not selfie obsessed, but I still can't seem to figure out where my professional photographer is. I thought when you started a blog they just started following you and snapping photos. No? Not so?


-THREE-

Garden and Gun

Yesterday, the latest issue of Garden and Gun arrived at my house. I am so excited to read it, and even more excited to try the Green Tomato Pie recipe! This magazine is my new favorite thing, it has great articles that both me, and my husband can enjoy. I highly recommend it!


-FOUR-

Protein Smoothies.

This week I got back on to the smoothie trend for breakfast now that summer is back in full swing. I often get really hungry after having one, so I started trying to add more protein. I typically did a peanut butter and banana smoothie (with spinach and sometimes coco or a chocolate flavor instant breakfast) but over time I got tired of it. Also, there's  a TON of fat in Peanut Butter. I saw an article in SHAPE that gave the best protien powders on the market, and came across Jay Rob's Egg White Protein Powder. It's all natural and made from eggs, and is not as processed as some of the other powders. I've been using it daily, and its been great! I don't taste it at all, and it dissolves really easily. Check it out!

-FIVE-

Be Thankful in Prayer.

I think today its really important that we all take a moment to be very thankful for what we have. It's been an awful week around the world, from Gaza, to Ukraine there has been a lot death and violence.  Political leaders around the world have sacrificed many innocent victims in the name of egos and hate. Keep all of those hurt and grieving families in your thoughts and prayers. 

And, for the love of God, can someone please drop a house on Putin. (sorry, I know that's not very Christian-like, but somehow he's been avoiding the lightening bolts.) #wheresdorothywhenyouneedher

That's it for me, see y'all later!

xoxo
M

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS