Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bumpdate: 38 Weeks

This week marks the big 3-8 and this baby is officially 'to term'. I can't believe its already here, and we're officially on Baby Watch 2015! 

Skirt: Pea in the Pod Secret Fit Belly Pencil Skirt / Shirt: French Connection/ Pea in the Pod  (sold out, similar here )/ Necklace: Kenneth J Lane (sold out)


How Far Along? 38 weeks

Size of Baby: 6.2-9.2 lbs; 18.9-20.9 inches


Gender
:  all boy!

Maternity Clothes:
 Yep...although the dress in this weeks progress shot down below is actually non maternity! I was so excited it fit, I had to wear it. But really, the ultra-stretchy side ruched maternity clothing is made for those bellies...this dress was NOT.


Nursery: We aren't really doing a 'nursery' yet, but for now we've got our study all set up for diaper changes and rocking, and the  bassinet by our bed.  Clothes are all washed and folded and bags are packed!


Beckett's books by the glider...
Movement: Still going wild - despite the lack of space. Occasionally when I'm lying down at night it feels like his feet get hooked under my rib cage -- sometimes I worry he might break something! (that actually happened to a friend of mine...) He's dropped down to a zero head station but that hasn't stopped him from moving around as much as possible!

Sleep: I spoke too soon last week - this week hasn't been so great in the sleep department. I've woken up once every night the last few nights to go to the bathroom, but luckily go right back to sleep. The good news is I still haven't lost my ability to immediately fall asleep - I pray I never lose that!

Cravings: Cake and Chick-fil-a frosted lemonade. I don't know why I want cake, but man I really want it. I've wanted it the last few days, but I've managed to restrain myself. The Chick-fil-a - well I've manage to resist ONLY because they are all TOTALLY out of my way. Luckily for my thighs, I neither live nor work near any CFA, and feel like getting on 95 and driving 5 miles for a craving is a tad excessive.

Symptoms: Sore hips, but that's about it. I have felt pretty much the same that I always feel, sans moving baby in my abdomen. Rings are still on, which is a good sign! The only major drawback I've had these last few months are burst capillaries up and down my right hand, arm, and chest. Lots of little red marks all over my arm might not sound that bad - but I'm pretty sure they are not going away (I had a few pre-pregnancy) and I'll have to get laser treatments to fix it. :(

What I Miss: Tequila. I am a tequila girl, and I miss my BFF. 

Weight Gain: 26-29 lbs ... not 100% sure where I started.

Workouts: ha! yeah I fell off the wagon. Oh well...at least I didn't get the cake?


Here are some update shots since my last 30 week Bumpdate....

(perhaps I should add 'procrastination' to my symptoms list...I still haven't taken that black and white suit to the dry cleaners! I just started to take it down for my update pictures...)



Joining up with Home of Malones for Thoughts on Thursday!


5 comments:

  1. You look great, lady!!!! Wow, so close to the finish line!

    Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chick-fil-a frosted lemonade.....since when does this exist? sounds like I might just be going there for my 2nd breakfast.... You look so fabulous for 38 weeks! Only a couple more pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CFA now does a mixture of ice dream and lemonade to create happiness in a cup. It comes in two flavors, original lemonade and strawberry lemonade. I've only had the original (I'm all about the citrus flavors these days) but its like key lime pie (or lemon meringue? I cant decide) in a cup. It's literally the best thing they have EVER MADE.

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! And yes to chick-fil-a! Unfortunately for me I drive past it everyday which means I stop to get it frequently....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! Sorry to hear about waking up in the middle of the night, but happy to hear you can go right back to sleep. My fingers are crossed that I sleep through the night as long as possible, but I have a feeling my nights are numbered. I'm with you about baby feet in the ribs!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS