Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Beckett's First Birthday


We recently had Beckett's birthday party, and it was so much fun! I really got into decorating (but, I did have to hold myself back from going too overboard...it was for toddlers.) I didn't really do a theme because, again, toddlers. But, I did go to town with pinwheels and those paper pouffs. In fact, I left them all hanging up for at least a week past the party - they're just fun. (and my house, not decorated.)

At our drink station we had tea, water and lemonade. For adults we had mason jars with fun straws (because $2 bought me a dozen pretty straws) and all varieties of sippy cups for kids.





The party was in the middle of the afternoon so I kept the food minimal (and also, I had a 20 lb ham left over from my last party....NOT doing that again). I tried to pick foods that were a) toddler friendly, b) easy for mom to eat as she chases said toddler.


Two plastic cups held Veggie Straws and Goldfish, with small paper 'snack cups' to fill for those kids on the go. Next up we had fruit, veggies and hummus, cupcakes, Palmetto Cheese (because it's not a party without that), chicken skewers and tzatziki sauce (thank you Costco) and applesauce pouches. It truly was a picky toddler's dream menu.


 I ordered small cupcakes for the kids (plain vanilla with white icing) and a larger assortment of delicious flavored cupcakes for the adults. I did this because these particular cupcakes are not to be smashed, picked at, and tossed on the floor - partly because they are expensive, and partly because they are the best cupcakes known to man. And to see a toddler destroy one is truly a travesty. (I did end up eating the one my toddler did not eat but merely defaced).




I just had to buy a birthday set. He hated the hat. Which sort of killed the whole theme, but it made for a few cute pictures.

Here is Beckett refusing to eat the delicious cupcake.


2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS