Friday, March 27, 2015

Finally Friday!

{1} Rachel Zoe for A Pea in the Pod

In the words of the great fashion stylist and designer, I. Die. I'm SO bummed out that I won't get to partake in any of this amazing pregnancy line, all I can hope is that she is still designing for APTP when I'm pregnant again!  For those of you who are pregnant - get on over to A Pea in the Pod and check out this line! Here are my favorites:





{2} Lilly Pulitzer Look Book is up on Target.com

I know this is going to be on EVERYONE'S Friday posts, but oh well. Read it here too :)

I already have my eye on a pile of things, and will be ready to purchase as soon as its available. And, since my child is going to be up at all hours of the night, I will most likely be awake when it all goes live online :)



{3} Honest Company Belly Balm 


I bought this as an impulse buy at Destination Maternity when I was about six months pregnant. So far I have not noticed any stretch marks, but I have noticed that my stretching skin is drier and itchier than normal. This balm is the consistency of Vaseline and so it only takes a thin layer to cover your entire stomach.  I usually use baby oil right after I take my showers on my stomach etc (basically anything that is growing larger than normal) and then use belly balm before I go to bed  or days when I just feel like my skin is drier. Since I didn't have to endure winter during my pregnancy, I didn't have to fight the dry skin nearly as much as many do - so this might be great for those of you who are up north!  It's a tad pricey, but I absolutely love it. It absorbs rather easily, and best of all it's from the Honest Company - so you know its all natural, no chemicals.  For those of you are scared off by the price tag of $15.95 for 3.5 oz, then I would definitely recommend using baby oil after you shower, and then Eucerin lotion (I use the Calming Cream, which is super thick). My dermatologist recommended that my mother use this lotion on us as babies, and throughout my life I've used it.


{4} Postpartum bathing suits, y'all.

So, throughout this pregnancy I've rocked bikinis and it just hit me that post baby, that probably wouldn't be the best idea. My husband's entire family is visiting us in May (a month postpartum) and rented a house in Palm Beach about a block from the beach. It hit me that I wouldn't have anything to wear on the beach that was not completely inappropriate for a person who JUST gave birth 3-4 weeks before.  Pre-pregnancy I got on a HUGE Brazilian bikini kick - maybe its a Florida thing? I've literally spent the last year running around South Florida with half my rear hanging out. I'm all about owning your body, but this rear is not in quite the same shape it was 10 months ago. (sadly.) So, for hte last week, I've been searching for a bathing suit - either one piece of tank set. Moms out there - any suggestions?? 

             Five Weeks Pregnant in Islamorada                          35 Weeks Pregnant in Palm Beach



{5} Magnolia Homes - Chip and Joanna Gaines

My latest favorite show is Fixer Upper on HGTV. I absolutely love Chip and Joanna Gaines, and the work that they do on all of the houses. Joanna has great style and has given me great ideas about our future home (hypothetically, of course, we're still renting for now). I recently came across their online store Magnolia Homes and just love the accessories and home goods on it. I highly recommend you check it out!



That's it for me this week...






4 comments:

  1. Love this maternity line already!! thanks for sharing. I have heard great things about http://www.albionfit.com/ for postpartum suits! Check out their insta for some great photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with all things Chip and Joanna Gaines! I'm really looking forward to Lilly at Target, not like I needed another reason to love Target though. Please share what you find out about postpartum swimsuits. Having early summer babies leaves a lot of summer and a not so flattering body for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mallory! I had no idea until just now that you were a blogger, but I adore this lineup! I guess we'll all have to get pregnant again, huh?! My favorite swim line now is Cabana Life, and they have cute things for babies and little kids too. However, I think an affordable swimsuit or two from Target is a good idea, considering the enormous fluctuation in breast size that I experienced in my first few months postpartum. If I ever catch you on the beach with the lopsided one-jug-full and one-jug-empty look, just know that you're in good company! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine - Yes, I dabble here and there in the blogger world! Thanks for the input on the swimsuit, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS