Thursday, February 25, 2016

Nursery Reveal

What seems likes YEARS ago, I promised to do a nursery reveal for Beckett. It has taken us 10 months, but its done (almost). Sure, I have a few touches here and there. But for the foreseeable future, it's done. I gave up on several ideas when my husband pointed out that they might not be terribly sustainable. Apparently, he doesn't think that 16 year old Beckett wants bunny knobs on his closet doors. I think they would have grown on him...but I guess spending $80 on Anthropologie woodland creature knobs (that require bolt cutting -- important note to self, that's a job) wasn't the best investment.

I tried hard to take really great pictures. But, I had a 10 month old crawling through 90% of the shots, pulling toys off shelves, and generally attempting to kill himself by eating anything he could get his hands on. I don't know how I've managed thus far. So, take these pictures as face value. They aren't great photography. They aren't artistic. The sleepsack is slung over the bed where I left it. And I"m pretty sure there was some dried poop on the rug. Welcome to mommyhood.

I will add links to products as I have time... but for now, here are the pictures!




Baby Animal Prints // Sharon Montrose (amazon frames)
(see post here)


(post link here)

Print // Quote from Peter Pan...more computer paper and paint pens!
Framed birth announcement and baptism announcement

Embroidered Bookshelf // Wayfair 


Wall Color // Sherwin Williams "Rain"
Rug // Milliken Rugs

  
Arrow Curtain Rods // Emily and Merritt for PB Kids

The random cup is Beckett's contribution to the shoot.
Bookcase // Wayfair 


Free nursery download from Hello Maypole (just used a gold paint pen to make it go with my color scheme)

I'm trying hard to keep photo albums of Beckett's first year. My mother did this for me, and I loved looking through them as a child!




Prints
 "Greatest Adventure" - computer paper and a paint pen :)
Palm Beach Map Print // Palm Beach Lately blog
South Carolina cut out // Ewalk Down South on Etsy

Night light // Pottery Barn Kids -- on MAJOR sale!





(post link here)


(post link here)
Bedding // Liz and Roo


Skip Hop Mobile (see review here) - and take a gander at that previous wall color!



 

So this fan. It is supposed to be a knock off of the MinkAire fan that costs $299 (seen here). This fan is only $169 from Lowes. The review said that the light was dim, but we paid no mind. I mean, how dim could it be. Oh, you'd be surprised just how dim this light is. I think the zebra night light rivals it in wattage. This fan is for looks ONLY. We will probably get several lamps in here, or can lights at some point and use just the fan. For future reference, we will just bite the bullet and get the expensive fan. (Because, once you install it, there's no way you're taking it down to return it...right? #lazy #darkroom).

1 comment:

  1. I love how you designed this room! It's so calming and cute, but still perfect for a little man. Great!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS