Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Newsday Tuesday

As indicated by my blog title, I'm enamored with Jackie Kennedy, and all that she embodied - beauty, style, elegance, and most of all, that one little thing that catapulted her from being just a mere socialite, politics. I believe in the power of women, and I believe that we can achieve greatness by breaking out of our proverbial societal shackles. We all love a great pair of shoes, or a handbag, but its not all that we are. We can have intelligent debates, we can run Fortune 500 companies, and we can still sing the itsy bitsy spider before bed. (which I think might actually make us MUCH cooler than men). All that being said, I want this blog to reflect the diversity of my personality, and I hope that it inspire you to grow, and explore things you've never considered (like learning how to sew your own clothes?) or watching MSNBC. (read on, you'll get it).

 Anyone who knows me even a little, knows I can't walk away from a debate of any kind, let alone a political one. And while I'm a seemingly partisan wanna-be pundit, I do encourage everyone to research all sides of an issue and know which direction they believe to be the correct way. For the most part I have my party leanings, but as I've grown and matured I've realized that sometimes different isn't always bad. And sometimes, it's really just not my place to tell you what your choice should be, even if I personally find it to be wrong.

If you are like me, and like to hear both sides of the argument I encourage you to check out what I believe to be the BEST debate program on television. Forget Meet the Press, 'fair and balanced' (unfortunately) died with Tim Russert on that one - and David Gregory just likes hearing himself speak. (#whydidntchucktoddgetit) No, no, instead head on over to MSNBC ( I know, I know, its ok, we're only watching ONE thing) and watch Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough. Now, on most days, I want to vomit at the things Mika has to say, but having a REAL Republican to balance her actually makes her tolerable. So the premise of the show is that these two hash out what's happening in the world, in the country, and in politics from two perspectives. They bring on guests, experts, and pundits from all fields and expertise. Even when I disagree, I at least have an understanding of where the opposition is coming from. You won't get that watching Fox News. And you won't get that watching MSNBC. You need to hear all sides of the story. Not one - but two, three, or twenty. That's what I hope to offer you here.

 I'm going to offer a snippet of a political/news issue or story each week with both sides - or just the facts. It will only happen on Tuesdays - so that if you aren't interested, you can skip it. (But come back on Wednesdays, please!)

I love a good fashion and style blog, and while those gals can help you pick out the perfect look to woo the masses, but hopefully my 'Newsday Tuesday' Posts can give you a little intellectual fodder to impress at your next cocktail function. :)

See you next Tuesday with the inaugural post of 'Newsday Tuesdays!' (Until then, watch Morning Joe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS