Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sew Cute...Sew Easy!

I was internet surfing today and filled my cart full of adorable items -- items that I probably can't really afford (I've expended my budget this month....) The one thing that I noticed about each of them is that the style of each of them was simple - and very easy to replicate. So, enough with spending $50 on a pencil skirt...I'm going to make one myself!

Almost 10 (yes, 10) years ago my mom bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. While I absolutely adore it, I have to admit, getting a sewing machine for a birthday gift is not nearly as exciting as getting say this or this. My husband's cousin makes fabulous toddler/child vintage clothing (if you're interested you can find some of her stuff here) and so I've been really motivated to start making clothing for myself! (Not to mention, I am getting to a point where I can't afford my clothing obsession).

So, In the last year, I finally pulled the machine out of the box and completed my first official sewing project this past winter! While it was rather simple - and perhaps highly flawed - but I made each of my pregnant sister-in-laws a baby wrap. The project helped me to get my feet wet, and ignited this desire to really get into sewing.  

Below I have chosen 3 patterns that I am going to attempt this spring and summer. I'm blogging about it, in the hopes that it will hold me accountable :) I chose each of these patterns because they are classic styles, not too complicated, but are fashion forward. I've ordered all 3, and next week I'll post the fabric that I've chosen for each one! Hopefully, this will inspire you to get in touch with your creative side!


Sew Easy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS