Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday: A Few of my Favorite Things

Don't worry, this isn't another "Wish List"  or "Gift Guide" blog post. (I think gifts should be personal, so I never get the point of reading through those things...) This is (hopefully) going to be a series of posts of some of my favorite things about Christmas. Be it decor, recipes, or simple traditions, I hope to hit all of my highlights of the holiday season. Christmas away from home has been quite an adjustment, and I've found that I had to learn to make new traditions. (It changed even more when we moved to South Florida...shopping for a tree in shorts in a mall parking lot just really throws things off. I've always been a go to the country/mountain tree lot, and cut down your own tree kind of gal.)

Today, I'm going to introduce you to your new favorite thing to collect. Mark Roberts Fairies. (Fairies, not elves, the elves creep me out).

For many years before we were married, my husband's mother gave him a Mark Roberts Fairy each Christmas. I'm not sure he was 100% sure what they were, or why he was getting them, but once we were married, it all made sense. The one thing that most of us don't have (unless you an ornament shower) is holiday decor. After our first year of marriage we were lucky enough to have 7 or 8 little Christmas fairies to use around the house, or even on the tree (they all have loops on the back to hang them). Each year we dig out our box of fairies and place them all over the house - sticking out of bowls, hanging off a lamp or a pitcher - anywhere! Their little bodies are soft and pliable so you can pose them in any way that you want. Here is a picture of what I've done with my fairies...





(sorry the quality isnt great, but you get the idea...)

This week we got our 2014 fairy, and this year my in-laws sent a large Arctic Splendor fairy - he is amazing! You can get a fairy of nearly any theme or design, from fall to winter, so get creative! (We even have a doctor one!)

If you'd like to buy one, click here.

21 Days til the Big Guy comes! Ho Ho Ho


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Mark Roberts fairies! I always say I'm going to buy one this year and I never do. Maybe I'll splurge this year!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS