Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday

This past week I've been a complete slacker in the blogging department...for no reason at all. But, I decided tonight, as I catch up on TV from the weekend (Madame Secretary) I decided to give you some Thoughts for Thursday...

This past week I made a quick and easy meal that's left me wishing I'd made more - so I thought I'd share!


Three Cheese Tortellini with Chicken Sausage and sauteed vegetables


1 package of Bertolli 3 Cheese Tortellini 
2 all natural sausage links (I use the Al Fresco Dinner Sausage - Sun Dried Tomato Flavor)
3/4 of a package of grape tomatoes
Spinach (as much as you like!)
Onion
Garlic
Olive Oil
Muir Glen Organic Portabello Mushroom Tomato Sauce

First I boiled the tortellini as the package directed for 7-9 minutes. In another pot, I heated the sauce (I found it bland, so I added some italian herbs).  IN a frying pan, I sauteed oil, garlic, and onion.  Once translucent, I added in the cut up chicken sausage.  I sauteed it for a few minutes, then added sliced grape tomatoes, and finally added spinach.  Within the time it took to saute the vegetables/sausage the tortellini finished up and the sauce heated. I added tortellini to each plate, a portion of sausage/vegetable saute, and sauce.  I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished product...just the last bites. It was that good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS