Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday - Down Time in the Mountains

I have been on the road more than I have been at home this summer. 4 weeks spent at the beach and one at the mountains - I am surprised my child still is prefers his crib to a pack and play. I always had grand intentions to try to use my fancy phone and the blogger app to keep you all updated -- but, I can't figure that app out and I gave up.

Today my thoughts are, again, a throwback to this time last week. We spent a week at our family mountain house in Wolf Laurel, NC. The weather was chilly and fall like - and I. WAS. FREEZING. Really, I'm scared for winter to come. It rained almost every day, but not all day, so the weather stayed rather cool. Luckily we had just enough breaks in the rain to make for some fun afternoons in Asheville, and some great hikes up to the Appalachian Trail and Big Bald. After two years in Florida I had forgotten how much I love the mountains. To anyone interested in a mountain get away (truly, this is a getaway - there's nothing but a gas station off our exit) I highly recommend Wolf Laurel.

View of Big Bald from our backyard (ish)

Walking around Asheville


An adorable art feature my mother in law put in the family cabin - a painting for all the family dogs - past and present.

The Appalachian Trail 

Views from the trail


At the top of the mountain

Feeding the baby before the hike down


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS