Thursday, October 22, 2015

Best Wellies for Fall

I know I've been MIA as of late - sorry about that! I'm squeezing in a short post between feedings about a recent purchase that I'm IN LOVE with. Since leaving Florida, I have quickly learned what passed as a 'rain shoe' will no longer work. I lived in these sandals during the rainy season - and I tossed my galoshes in the trash (they were old anyway).


So, since its about -20 here in South Carolina, I decided to invest in some wellies. Immediately, I wanted to get the Hunter boots that I lusted after while living in too-hot-for-galoshes-Florida. Y'all. I get that they are natural rubber. But they are $160. For a plain pair of boots. You're literally just paying for the label on the front. For boots you'll wear every once in a while. Don't do it. (Unless you are a costco member and can get them for $80)

I recently came across the brand Joules - a brand that makes natural rubber wellies too. Now, they are also pricey, and make just plain solid boots. BUT, they also make fun prints, and best of all, they have boots with BOWS. If you're like me, you will scour the internet and find them discounted. I bought these at Sierra Trading Post for $75. It might be my best buy, EVER. (Well, almost.).





Here are some of my favorite prints:






So, moral of the story, if you're going to spend a stupid amount of money on wellies, get ones with a fun print, or even better, a bow. To see all they have to offer, check out the Joules website! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS