Friday, October 9, 2015

Five On Friday

Sooo how is it Friday again?! This week has flown by.

{ONE}
Swoon.




Some friends of mine are hosting a FABULOUS event today called Swoon. It is an in-home trunk show of sorts of local (SC based) vendors. I stopped by yesterday for a preview and scored some amazing things! Everything from custom monograms, art, jewelry, shoes, Beaufort Bonnet, Charme Silkiner...I could go on! I scored some great finds - mostly for my house but also some pretty jewelry! 

Earrings by Charme Silkiner

Long necklace by Charme Silkiner

Brass Riding Boot bookends

Brass Shrimp (or a FL Lobster??) because why not

Old Readers' Digest hardbacks

Ladies, if you're in Greenville, hit up this event! It lasts until Saturday at 2 pm!

{TWO}
Solid Food


I know this not terribly interesting, but the biggest thing happening in my world this week has been teaching this little guy to eat solid food. It's been hilarious and he LOVES it!

I didn't have any pics with real food on his face, only cereal. But you get the idea...

{THREE}
Fall Flowers


I've planted flowers, and they haven't died! (Mostly). My favorite mini snapdragons look a little rough (they are a gorgeous combo of colors, burgundy and yellow) but I think they are just rotating blooms? Anyway, In between traveling I've managed to plant a few things - nothing much, but I think it's done a lot to help make our patio and front porch look a little more homey. Excuse the poor photography - I did this in the few free seconds I have a day!










{FOUR}


As many of you know, South Carolina has had a TON of rain lately. Alot of Columbia is still underwater and we are continuing to pray for those families that have lost everything while also sending much needed supplies. If you want to help, you can go to the Red Cross or United Way. I do know that United Way is giving 100% of proceeds toward relief. If you'd like to register to volunteer click here. Please consider making a donation!

{FIVE}
Fall Wreath Disaster.


What I got...

What I thought I'd get...

I wanted to buy a wreath for my front door from Pottery Barn. I accidentally missed their 30% off sale, and the size (large) I wanted was sold out. So I ordered a small one. The "small wreath" measured about 18" (so they said) which made me believe it would still work. Apparently Pottery Barn measures the wreath by the decorations on it - not the actual wreath. So I have a tiny wreath covered in oversized pumpkins and leaves. For this year, I'm hanging it up. I mean was it awful? No. Worth driving to the mall to return? Not really. Is it what I thought I'd get? No way. Next year, it will probably get demoted the back door. My lesson? Beware, if its almost half the price of the other wreaths, there's a reason. 

Happy Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS