Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Copy Cat Design

I know you all think I'm a total slacker when it comes to home decor progress blog posts. But really, I just take that long to get it all done. I keep seeing everyone's posts as they move from room to room and I'm in awe, really. Since moving into our new house in July, I've managed to paint and hang 4 pictures in Beckett's nursery. It doesn't mean I'm not working, it's just slow and steady. But I promise, it's happening.

Lately I've been looking for a piece of furniture to store toys and general junk in Beckett's room. I came across this cubby unit -- which I love. It's from Restoration Hardware, so of course,  I love it. It also costs $299. Of course it does. So, I could probably just spring for the shelves and be done with it. But, what's the fun in that? 




I've been scouring the internet to find something like this, which a fraction of the cost. So far I haven't found much, which is probably why RH can charge so much. But here is what I have found:

Sonoma Rustic Wire 9-Cubby

This unit is $215...not quite as discounted as I'd like (especially seeing as the black version at RH is on sale for $224 right now).

Has anyone seen a piece that looks similar to this? 




1 comment:

  1. you've probably already thought of this, but I would definitely check Home Goods/TJ Maxx/Marshall's...I found a hanging file folder thing (which I realize is a great description) for $50, and it's something that would normally cost over $100 at PB. Also, if you're a member, check online at Costco! Sometimes they have random furniture pieces like that.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS