Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Trend Spin Link Up

This past week I picked up a great summer staple at SavVy, a local boutique in Greenville. I love it because it is jersey and easy to grab and go. I also love that it isn't just a plain old striped dress - its ruched detailing down the front makes it interesting and fun (as are most things from SavVy). Perhaps one of my biggest wardrobe pitfalls is that I stock up on dresses, and then I start to feel like my wardrobe is stagnant. It's kind of hard to change the look of a dress - and sometimes it feels like you're wearing the same outfit over and over and over again. So, today I took a basic dress and searched through my closet for some ways to make it look different. These are just two of the several that I found.

Disclaimer - I am not a "fashion blogger" (Clearly). I did not spend 3 hours in hair and makeup, and I still don't have a professional photographer following me around (seriously, though, need to get one of those). This is jsut me, on a Monday, with baby snot in my hair. Playing dress up....and perhaps posting it on the internet. Totes normal, right? Right. SO, here we go.



Here is the dress on its own paired with some heeled sandals.


 I threw on my distressed J.Crew Denim vest to make it slightly more trendy. I kept the sandals the same - but would also have opted to wear my Converse Shoreline sneakers.



Let me just say that if I could wear a denim vest with every outfit I own, I would. I think it makes everything 10 times cuter. And, not many people will rock a denim vest. You will get to be THAT girl. The cool girl, in the vest. I promise, that's what they will say. (and if they arent saying that, its likely they won't say anything at all...to your face. But whatevs. You're in the cool denim vest. Own it.)

My favorite pairing with this dress is a sheer lace crop top that I also purchased from SavVy. This was a total impulse buy and immediately I was afraid I'd never wear it. But, I've found so many ways to incorporate this top into outfits. (I'll be posting more on it later). 




I love pairing unexpected things together like this dress and crop top - it makes what could be a rather plain dress somethings super fun and cute! I love mixing floral prints with stripes, and this is a subtle and great way to do just that. I'm really in love with this top - and there are so many ways to wear it. Take it from me, the self proclaimed #croptopqueen that you need a crop top. Even if you don't want to show your stomach, you can still wear a crop top. 

Do it. You'll thank me later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS