Thursday, November 13, 2014

Making way for baby: Registry finds

So here are my Thoughts for Thursday with Home of Malones...

On Sunday, I started my registry. Ok, so really I started one 4 months ago at Pottery Barn before anyone even knew I was pregnant -- but it mostly has all kinds of impractical adorably expensive items (that I most likely will never need) on it. That was before I spent my days becoming an expert on everything there is to know about changing a diaper, clothing a baby, feeding a baby, and generally keeping it alive. (Note: I still know absolutely nothing.) However, I have the good fortune having great friends and family that have sent me immensely helpful tips on what I need to get, and what I should avoid. (So, now I just look like I know what I'm doing. Don't let the registry fool you, I don't).  My matron of honor is a mother of two, and suggested that I start off with a few books - but one in particular I'm going to talk about today.




Initially I thought this book was about sales. (What a GREAT premise for a book, right?) It kind of is but mostly isn't. What this book is great at is telling you what things are worth the money, and what things aren't. Moreover, it gives you a rundown of the differences in brands of EVERYTHING. Literally, today I read an entire section about onesies (yes, onesies) and the types of material, the sizing differences, the pricing, and how they rate. I even found out that someone gave me a super nice set of PJs as a gift - I had no idea! I tried reading this before I really go into shopping for  baby, and I found it really overwhelming. I think its pretty helpful to look up whatever item you're ready to purchase, and then read what they've got to say about it. This book is updated regularly, so keep an eye out for the most up to date version.

So far in my quest to complete a registry I've stumbled upon a few items that I think are going to be great to have when baby arrives. I may be wrong. I'll let you know.


1. Adan and Anais  -  I really love everything that this brand makes. I just want it all. I especially love the bamboo cotton blankets. Again, no idea if I will feel the same way when baby is here, but those blankets make me want to crawl in bed and pass out. They are the bomb.com. My mom bought this little elephant lovee for Baby D, and I can't wait to use it... (I'm on a real elephant kick these days).

How stinkin' cute is that?!

2. Halo Bassinet - I saw this at Baby Furniture Plus Kids  when I was home in Greenville last month and I was super impressed. This thing pretty much does everything but change and feed your baby. It is designed to be easily adjusted to be flush to your bed, or even rest on the edge of the mattress. One side of the bassinet easily folds down making it easier to lay baby down, and pick him up. It has several features including a feeding timer, several lullaby settings, a nightlight, and a vibrate option. It easily swivels so that you can get in and out of bed without having to move the entire bassinet. Check out this video:


I'll keep you posted any other products I come across that I think are pretty awesome...and then of course, let you know if they are all they are cracked up to be in about...5 months (yikes!)



3 comments:

  1. That book is AWESOME and super handy! I loved everything Aden and Anais! Such great products! I am also a huge fan of anything Honest! Their diapers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me super happy! Love A&A blankets too. The bassinet looks great - the Halo brand makes the best sleep sacks. William wore them until he was almost 2 (yikes..). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. registering was so overwhelming for me! girlfriends with babes are by far the best resource! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS