Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bumpdate: Halfway There! 20 weeks

20 weeks (and sporting a real sweater for today's polar vortex chill - it'll be 60!)
This picture (left) was taken in the morning, when I think my bump is much smaller looking - typically by the end of the day (to me) it looks SO much larger...see the picture on the right  was taken last night:

Is it just me? Am I being weird?



How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Size of Babe: 10.2 oz and 6.5 inches

Gender: baby boy

Symptoms: Starting to notice indigestion/heartburn (never had that before!) and phantom abdominal pain ( I think whenever he hits a growth spurt?! No idea.) I always sit cross legged or on my legs and lately I've noticed they go to sleep MUCH easier. Also, I'm usually prone to sitting in a very slouchy-curled-up-in-chair type of manner and the child has decided he hates that. So that can be painful.

Weight Gain: Officially - I'm waiting for the doctor's scale. Mine says almost 10 lbs. Surely it is lying. 

Loving: Chickfila, Pizza, lemonade 

Loathing: the size of my stomach, when looking at the clothes I can't buy/wear. (The sales right now are out of control!)

Wedding Rings: Yep

Belly Button: still flat

Movement: Constant since early in week 16. Especially after I eat. It's starting to get violent.

Maternity Clothes: Definitely with pants, but still wearing some normal tops. Turns out I wear my pants very small...and gaining even 5 lbs sized me out of them!

Nursery: Still undecided on which fabrics to use for which pieces, but I'm close! We aren't putting a nursery in our rental (not really enough space) because we plan on leaving it a few months after he is born. So for now I'm just making plans and gathering what I think I want!

Best Part of the Week: Thursday I have my anatomy exam, since I already know the sex (thank god for modern medicine - we found out at 12 weeks) I'm excited to get to see what he looks like now!

Thing I miss the most: Going out and having drinks with my girlfriends. Junior League meetings aren't quite as much fun anymore :( My abs and general fitness. Being lazy is not as much fun as I thought it would be...(P.S. Tracy Anderson is still a little challenging, but she is MUCH easier on you at the 19-20 week mark)


So that's my half way point Bumpdate! I don't think much changes from week to week, so you probably won't see another one of these until I'm about to pop :)   







1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS