Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday....Treated Hair Care

So a follow up to my post last week about hair masques....Besides just a basic glaze to cover a few grays, I never touched my hair until this summer. One thing I did learn from my stylist is the importance of making sure when you make a change, you don't do anything too drastic (partially so you don't freak out) and also so that your hair can adjust.  Additionally, you have to change up your routine a little - what worked before treating it probably won't work after you start treating it.

I've started using Kerastase Masque over the last several weeks as an extra bit of moisturizing aside from my usual conditioning in the shower.  Generally, I only have to wash my hair every 2-3 days but since I've started highlighting it, I often find that I can probably wash it less. If I work out or sweat, I will just shampoo my roots/crown area during my daily shower, but I don't wash the ends at all. Each time I dry my hair, I first spray it with CHI Keratin Mist Leave-In Strengthening Treatment (below).


Once a week, usually on a Sunday afternoon, I use the masque on the lightest parts of my hair (for the most part from the top of my ears to the ends) and put it up in a bun.  The bottle says to leave it in for 5 minutes, but I typically leave it in for several hours, or even over night - depending on how dry it might be.



Finally - I have one other product that I use on my hair as needed - a light hair oil.  Depending on the amount of heat I've used on my hair or how dry it might be.  I literally picked this product up at the grocery store and it really has been helpful. I usually dry my hair almost all the way, and then spray the oil on the parts that are dried out and then use a round brush and style it accordingly.  L'Oreal has several different levels of oil, from light to heavier - depending on what your hair needs. (I use the lightest).


So I know that sounds like a lot of products. And a lot of work. But, it's really not...I promise. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS