Friday, November 7, 2014

Five On Friday!

Thank God it's Friday! This has been such a long week, and most nights I was not home before 9 pm - which meant no blogging for me. :( I can't leave you with nothing for the week, so here goes my Friday Five!



ONE

Taylor Swift's Shake it Off Aerobics Mash-Up.

I dont know who did this, but they are a genius. My face hurt after watching this.




TWO

Kate Spade Surprise Sale

I don't want to be "THAT" blogger who just updates you every time some retailer gives you 20% off something (that's not a sale, thats no tax/shipping). I live for the REAL sales. Like the Kate Spade Surprise sales...the 50-75% off. THAT'S a sale. 

With the kid on the way, I'm realizing that downsizing what is in my purse will be necessary - and sometimes going purse-less will be as well. So, here is what I got:


I got this in a baby pink with a soft pebble leather

THREE

For Neda - An HBO Documentary

I'm not sure how many of you followed the Iranian protests following the 2009 Presidential Elections in Iran. I was in graduate school at the time, writing my thesis on the influence of technology/social media on politics - so the whole scene fascinated me. I found myself immersed in YouTube videos, and while watching one, I saw someone shot and killed. I literally gasped and screamed when I saw it. In our society, violence seeps into our consciousness via TV, movies, books, and video games, but it's a real gut punch when you see it for real - even in a video. Within 10 minutes the video was viral, all over CNN and major news networks. They said the young girl's name was Neda. I never knew much about Neda, but her story was stuck with me. This past weekend, I watched an HBO documentary that finally tells us who Neda was, and what she stood for. It was extremely powerful, and I highly recommend it.





FOUR
Junior League Deck the Palms
On Dec. 6 Junior League of the Palm Beaches will be hosting a Holiday Marketplace with over 90 vendors AND a VIP 'Lux' Suite! Tickets are only $10 - come check it out!
For more information, go to www.jlpb.org
FIVE
Fund Your Park
I submitted an application to get one of our park projects entered into NRPA's Crowd Funding program -- Fund You Park. Guess what? We were chosen! We will be launching a site in the next two weeks to help raise money to restore one of hte oldest wooden structures in Palm Beach County - the Pineapple Packing House located at DuBois Park! DuBois Park is located in Jupiter, FL and is by far one of our most beautiful and popular parks. Stay tuned for more details!
 One of my favorite spots along the Jupiter Inlet at DuBois Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS