Wednesday, January 28, 2015

30 Week Bumpdate

As promised, here is the 30 week 'bumpdate' on Baby Beckett!




30 Weeks
Weight Gain: Haven't checked in a couple weeks but somewhere near 20 pounds

How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of Baby: Size of a hot house cucumber (I assume they mean lengthwise??) About 15.2- 16.7 inches long and between 2.5-3.8 pounds!

Gender: A very active boy!

Movement: Just like I imagine his Daddy was as a child, he is a very active! Last week I experienced hiccups, which was a rather crazy feeling, I had to have a mommy friend explain to me what it was!  I think he is sitting very low and far back, as he tends to spend his days beating on organs that I am unable to identify, but assume to be part of my lower digestive track (if you catch my drift).

Sleep: Sleeping great, and with the help of the snoogle, have managed to stay on my side or some variation of it.

Workouts: Not really happening so much...but when it does, I do Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project or general workouts at the gym (lunges, stationary bike, dead lifts with light weights, squats etc)

Maternity Clothes: For the most part...The shirt I'm wearing in my 30 week pic is actually a non-maternity dress...Today I'm wearing a non maternity sweater dress - so it just depends, really! Pants are pretty much always maternity though. (Except my Victoria's Secret fleece sweatpants...the boyfriend fit is perfect for the belly, and I really want them in about 10 more colors).

Symptoms: Not to be one of those annoying pregnant girls, but I don't really have anything to report. Besides the weird movement in my stomach, I feel pretty normal. I have had some skin issues, an increase of capillary marks showing up on my chest and arms (had this pre-pregnancy now its just worse - its phenomenal, really). Not gonna lie though - I'd take swelling any day over having the weird skin rash that will likely NOT go away. 

Cravings/Aversions: Nope. I honestly have gone right back to my normal eating habits. By the time I got through the sickly part of pregnancy (at about 14-16 wks) I was back to eating just 3 meals a day - same portions etc. I haven't been super hungry at all! I have been indulging in more dairy/milk as of late. My pregnancy has somehow cured my minor lactose intolerance, so I'm enjoying all the milk I can for now! I did find out that I am anemic, so I've used that as an excuse to eat as much beef as I can.

Missing Most: Sleeping flat on my back. My flat tummy. (But I LOVE my nice nails :) ) I don't really miss anything, as I haven't really deprived myself during this pregnancy. My doctor and I both have a pretty laid back approach to pregnancy and so I generally haven't changed my diet besides drinking regularly.  Once I got used to not having that evening glass of wine, I was over it -- that was really the toughest part.

Side Note: One lesson that I have learned while pregnant is that there really is no "safe" foods. If you're going to eat out (and face it, you will) you're going to run the risk of being exposed to something that might make you sick. Two weeks ago, I was served TOTALLY RAW chicken at Buffalo Wild Wings. Thank God I could see it before I put a single bite in my mouth. It just goes to show that you can stress all day long about whether or not that sushi roll will make you sick, and then have end up being served something 'safe' like fried chicken that just so happens to be raw in the middle, and get salmonella. That's just my non-medical opinion - but always, always, always consult your doctor for his/her opinion.

Nursery: So about that.... I might be the ONLY mommy to be on the planet that's not really getting into this. I ordered my glider from Bellini, and I have a bassinet and an assortment of 'must haves'. However I've yet to figure out where any of it will go. I started a small organization project on Monday...you'll see a post about it soon...

Hubby: He might be the most excited one of all, and tells me almost daily that he can't wait for the baby to come!

Now, we just have to settle on a middle name, because we're down to 69 days and still in a gridlock....



Here are some progress shots from along the way....

(NOTE: Sorry about how crazy the pictures are lined up, I couldn't get them to center properly and so I gave up. Next thing on my list is to learn how to make photo collages for blogs...)



8 Weeks


11 Weeks


18 Weeks
20 Weeks


21 Weeks
23 Weeks


26 Weeks
27 Weeks
30 Weeks

5 comments:

  1. You are seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever. Love that his name is Beckett!! Picmonkey.com is my secret to creating collages - so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're sweet! We're excited about the name too...that was easy one to come up with! :) Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it out! I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs of blogging... it can get pretty complicated!

      Delete
  2. You look awesome!! Also, that mustard dress in your 21 week pic is fabulous. Baby boys are the best! So much fun ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from Victoria's Secret - they have the best sweater dresses!

      Delete
  3. Super cute bump pictures! I need to invest in a Snoogle. If for no other reason than the train myself to sleep on my side.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS