Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday: All My Children Super Fan gets the "Susan Lucci"

Perhaps the #1 best part of being pregnant is the fact that my nails have grown to be long and gorgeous. (Albeit, lately not so practical). Since my baby shower in Greenville is this weekend, I took the opportunity to have a nice manicure done at my salon and spa - Cosmo & Company.  I was placed with a new manicurist that had recently come over to Cosmo's because her salon on the Island had closed. I have always been a fan of color, but sometimes I really just want something basic and natural looking. For my wedding, I had an 'American' manicure and wanted to get that again. The lady I went to suggested that I try something that she used to do for this other client of hers (this lady named Susan Lucci?!?!) that also liked natural looking nails.

Example of an American Manicure
The manicurist used a vegan base coat of polish that was clear and helped to give a little extra support from breakage, and make them appear to be a little thicker.  The best part about this manicure is that it was entirely dry in just FIVE minutes. It was amazing, and I think this might be the first time that I haven't smudged a manicure. I'm hooked.

Eileen used two Essie colors on my nails - first a layer of Waltz across the entire nail, followed by a coat of mademoiselle.

Waltz
Mademoiselle






























Here's what the final product (dubbed the Susan Lucci by Eileen) looked like:

(and by the way, photographing my hands makes me super self conscious...I need to get serious about moisturizing. #nohandmodelinginmyfuture)


This may become my new bad habit...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS