Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hurache Watch

Happy Saturday!

I'm on an official spending freeze. Between my 'it's [almost] my birthday month' (ish) shopping rationalizations (note: my birthday is in june...) and Memorial Day sales, I spun a little out of control with the shopping. That being said, I of course, am still looking for the next 'it' item for my closet! So, lately I've been 'window' shopping for a pair of Hurache sandals.  I love the 60s hippie throw back appeal of this leather sandal and they remind me of my childhood.  I had several pairs of these sandals in white (as I grew, I got a new pair) and I remember my mom having rainbow colorful ones (hello 80s). I really think this will be the new trend coming up, and even if it doesn't go mainstream, at least you'll be the girl with the cool shoes.

So, to start off, my #1 all time fave style of these shoes is by Frye -- which means, of course, they will be an investment. The leather and style will be high quality and so chic. BUT, you do have to commit, and spend $180 at Zappos.




 Luckily, I found them at my favorite site, 6pm.com in a pretty blue color for $104.



Frye took the classic hurache sandal and added embellishment, to create the 'Heather' Sandal. These huraches evoke a menswear inspried feel with the tassels - and completely change the look and feel of this trend! I found these on 6pm.com for $127.00

While I adore the Frye sandals, I am always on the hunt for a more economical choice (sounds better than cheap, right?!)


I recently came across a company, Ix, that sells adorable handmade sandals and uses its proceeds to donate back to the founders' home country of Guatemala. I came across this company as it was featured by both Vogue Magazine and People Style watch.  These shoes are adorable, at a great price point, and your purchase provides clean water for children. Win, Win, Win.

Made by Guatemalan artisans, these cute sandals are bright and cheery with a very reasonable price point of $89.




Are you starting to feel it now?! 

My next favorite pair are, of course, by none other than DV by Dolce Vita. 
Theses little babies are priced at just $55.99 on 6pm.com, and incorporate some visual interest with contrasting colors! I love shoes with more than one color in them because I think it gives you versatility and some visual interest.  My favorites are the cognac/metallic and the cognac/teal. So cute!




So for those of you who aren't 100% sure that this look is for you, you can find lots of other great sandals that are inspired by the Hurache.







To see more of this trend, head on over to The Budget Babe and see how Kristin Dunst wore hers! Or, even better, help provide clean water for children AND get some adorable shoes at IxStyle.com!

xx
M


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS