Friday, September 19, 2014

Oh, Hey Friday!

Happy Friday! Here are my Friday Five for this week:


1. Converse All-Star Sneakers:


Despite the fact that I attended Converse College when our mascot was indeed the "All-Star" I somehow did not own a single pair of Converse shoes. Back in the day I had pink chuck taylors, but gave them to my sister for her Pink Panther activities while she was a Connie. I've seen these shoes all over the place, and finally decided to pull the trigger. While everyone else is putting away white shoes and pulling out the boots, I'm doing the opposite. For rather little money, these little goodies can be yours. Check 'em out at Nordstrom!





2. The Olivia Pope 'Scandal' Clothing line for the Limited


I will blog more about this when the line debuts on September 23, but for now, I just want you to be aware of this epic moment. Yes, the amazing clothing styles that are 'so Olivia' are now going to be available in a price that normal person can afford. I've always been a cape girl, I have a red one from Anthropologie that I rocked 2 winters ago in Baltimore. That windowpane plaid cape might just be my new favorite thing. Thank you, Limited.  Here are a few teasers from the new line...


I know I don't 'need' a winter coat in Florida. But, sometimes I might travel. In the Winter. Totally necessary.

3. The new Samsung Galaxy Tab S commercial with Kristen Bell


Not just because I'm exclusively an android girl, but because this commercial is really funny. I love it. And, this is basically me and my husband every weekend. #wedontdoanything #toomuchscreentime



4.  Pumpkin Oatmeal


I love to make this breakfast as we transition into colder weather. Of course, for me, colder weather is 84 vs 90 - but I'll take what I can get :) Regardless of the temperature, this hearty meal not only fills you up, gives you much needed fiber - not to mention it gets you in the fall mood!

Feel free to edit this as necessary - some people use splenda (I hate splenda)  but I use real sugars/sweeteners. Nothing fake :) 

1/2c quick oats
1/4 c water
1/4 c bran cereal (I use fiber one)
1/4 c  milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
2 tbsp pumpkin
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sweetener to taste - if you use sweetened almond milk you many not need this - i use agave or brown sugar.
5 sprays of butter (or none at all)

Mix all of these ingredients together and pop it in the microwave. Enjoy!

5. My friend Kerry's wedding


I've been really lazy after getting back from my quick trip to Greenville,  I've been exhausted! I did want to share some fun pictures from my friend Kerry's wedding! It was the most amazing and beautiful wedding, and I got to see some great friends. 
Rehearsal Dinner pic with my girl Kate (and yes, of course, I wore a crop top)

First dance as husband and wife!!


A quick pic with April! To see more of her pictures from the wedding, and her adorable blog, go to her blog, A.Liz Adventures!


 Another picture with Kate...did I mention how much I miss this girl!?

Me and the beautiful bride!

That's all for me this week! xoxo M

4 comments:

  1. Dying over your rehearsal dinner ensemble! You rocked that crop top! So gorge(ous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I hadn't seen that commercial but I have to admit I just watched it twice! SO freaking adorable! And I'm totally loving your converses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of an oatmeal fan, but I'm not going lie, pumpkin oatmeal is something that I could get behind!! Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS