Monday, October 6, 2014

Making way for baby: Nursery decor (and I need your help!)

You may recall about a month ago that I won a 4 piece bumperless baby bedding set (say that 5 times fast!)  from Liz and Roo Fine Baby Bedding. While I SO excited to pick out my bedding set, I must admit that I am totally overwhelmed by all the adorable options! This is where you come in. I have managed to narrow down my favorite fabric, and now I just need to determine which ones will use for the rail cover, crib skirt, and crib blanket. I know that I will not use the crib blanket in the very beginning, so I am leaning towards using on of the more 'coordinating' patterns for the blanket.

Here are the swatches I love the most:

(L to R) easton geometric print, houndstooth, and suzani

The easton print does have the seafoam/blue color on it, and its on the very edge of this swatch (which I'm trying to show here...)

Here are a few stock photos so you can see how Liz and Roo have styled these patterns.

monogrammed houndstooth pillow on top of the suzani blanket

Crib skirt in houndstooth

rail cover in suzani, blanket in suzani, and skirt in houndstooth

blanket in suzani

rail cover and skirt in houndstooth, and blanket in suzani

Easton print blanket 

A few thoughts about each of these...

Although it does not really appear to match - all three fabrics have the same blue/green in them. (Some lighting makes the suzani look really blue). I don't think I want my rail cover and blanket to match. While in Greenville a few weeks ago I put together the fabrics in one ensemble that I'm not sure I love any more, but here it is:

Excuse how messy it looks, we were using a blanket as a skirt and a skirt as a 'blanket' in our staging...

I feel like the suzani print is what ties the 3 prints together the most, which makes me think if the blanket were not with the set, it might look awkward. This led me to making the rail cover in the suzani instead of the blanket, the houndstooth as the skirt, and the easton as the blanket. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions!!

XO,
M















5 comments:

  1. Love the houndstooth as the skirt, I think it is gender neutral enough you can use it again and again, should more kids come your way! I might even like it as the rail cover too and then use the one of the other fabrics for the blanket as an accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute color palette, love the look.

    Soooo, confession. When I first read the title of your post I thought it said 'making a baby' and I about died! haha!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exiting!!! Although I love the houndstooth, I don't have a gut feeling. You can't go wrong - great options. And glad you had luck at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A standout feature of the website is the Organic Cotton Baby Bedding Nursery Designs It portion of the site. Parents can view examples of bedding fabrics themes, kid bedding sets

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS