Friday, October 31, 2014

Five On Friday



Hi Friends!

I'm finally back in action. The last week or so has been pretty crazy, but I'm glad to be back on the blog again! Here are my Friday Fives...


ONE
Halloween Costume Contest

I'm not a huge Halloween lover, mostly because all the costume ideas overwhelm me. But this year, I got a great idea for the perfect 'preggo' costume.  Our office was having a contest, and the winner got 4 hours of incentive leave (read: 4 more hours of maternity leave) so I was determined to win. Here is a picture of the finished product and my first place certificate!


(Side Note: I shamelessly plugged myself by wearing a sign that read: "Vote for me and the little meatball, Mama needs more time off!")

TWO
Saying Goodbye to my Grandmother

Last Wednesday my grandmother passed away, which is what's thrown everything off kilter as of late.  I made an impromptu trip back to South Carolina on Saturday to say goodbye.  It was bitter sweet, saying goodbye is never easy, but we all had some great memories to share.  I got to see a lot of family that I haven't seen in years, which was really great!


THREE
Trip to the Mountains

While I was home my mom, dad, and I took a drive to the mountains to see the fall colors.  We drove up to Hendersonville, NC where we had lunch and did some shopping.  Later we drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and enjoyed the scenery. We haven't been to the mountains together in an age, and it was so nice to see all the beautiful colors - a nice change from falls in South Florida! (More pictures to come)

We even brought our 12 year old Golden Retriever, Trigger. He loved getting out of the house for the day!

FOUR
Pregnancy Gifts from Co-Workers

I learned that when I eat Reese's, my baby boy flips out. (Literally). I shared this story with a co-worker, and these showed up on my desk. (Yes, they are now gone.)


FIVE
Fund Your Park Initiative

I entered my County Parks and Recreation Department in a crowd funding initiative via NRPA (the National Recreation and Park Association) to help us fund one of our park projects! What does this mean? If chosen, we will be setting up a crowd funding webpage embedded in the NRPA website to help us raise money for our project.

Our project is to restore the historical Pineapple Packing House located in DuBois Park in Jupiter, FL.  If you're familiar with the area, you've see this little run down 'shack' and have probably wondered what it was. It was historically an outbuilding used to house harvested Pineapples.  The DuBois family lived in this little structure while building was now stands as the DuBois Pioneer home. The Pineapple Packing House is one of the oldest wooden structures in Palm Beach County, and we are doing our best to preserve it for generations to come!

Stay Tuned for more information! (And keep your fingers crossed we are chosen!) To learn more about DuBois Park, click here.



That's all for this week...what are your five?

xoxo
M





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS