Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday - My new favorite blog!

My good friend Kerry texted me last night about a blog that she has recently become obsessed with. I immediately checked it out, and must admit, I immediately became hooked! This blog, America's Table, is written by President Bush's former Social Secretary.  Now, don't be fooled by this part - it's not a political blog. In fact, it seems to be just the opposite.  Lea Berman describes her blog as one that celebrates 'the pleasures of entertaining with a dash of White House tradition thrown in'.  So if you're like me, and love to cook and entertain, hop on over and check this blog out.

I'd have to say that so far, one of my favorite posts can be found under "Tales of the White House".  She tells a story of a conniving man begging President Johnson's Social Secretary, Bess Abell, to allow he and his wife to join a state house dinner.  His tactics were comical at best, and however quite duplicitous. Check it out, to get the full story! Mixed in with this story is the recipe for this zucchini soup, that I am dying to try.


And oh, by the way, I know for many of you summer is over...but down here my tomatoes are still only $0.49 a lb. So I think I might try to make this little number as well.


You can find the recipe, here.


Happy Reading!

Linking up with:



1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS