Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Swimsuit Save

Round two at my speed blogging...I tried a stain removal trick and I had to share.

I recently bought this adorable bikini from Lord and Taylor. It is a Trina Turk and was NOT cheap. I needed something to accommodate my new bust line while nursing that wasn't a 'mom' bathing suit. I couldn't handle the options out there, and refused to spend money on something I hated. I settled on this bralette style top :






It's been a great suit so far, but after its second wash (weird, right?) it bled - and of course bled on several other Trina Turk suits I owned. I was furious, especially because I own at least 7 or 8 of her suits and the reason I buy them is because of the quality, and the patterns.  I did see later that the tag said to handwash, so I suppose the fault is mine for washing it in the washing machine.  A friend of mine suggested I soak the affected suits in Clorox 2 and water for a day or two. I don't know how it happened, but somehow doing this got the dye off of the bathing suits! I'm so thrilled, and a little annoyed I didn't know this trick sooner. (I recently got rid of some stuff that had been bled on...) So, if you run into this issue - try this trick!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your laundry tip! That suit is fabulous - so happy you were able to save it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS