Friday, December 11, 2015

Five on Friday

{ONE} 
Instagram Husband

This video MADE MY DAY.



{TWO} 
Holiday Baking

Today my mom and I are going to do some baking, and I'm so excited! We are pulling out all of my grandmother's old recipes and tin cookie cutters - a Christmas tradition that I've had to do on my own for the last 3 years. It will be nice to have some help this year! Cut out cookies (as we call them) are my favorite Christams cookie, and I probably eat 95 cookies in the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas. (Last year I never got around to cooking the last batch, so the dough stayed in my freezer....and it was my secret guilty pleasure snack. I can't ever resist cookie dough.) I'll be snapping some pics today, and sharing the recipe this weekend!


{THREE} 
6-ish Month baby photos

We had professional pictures taken of Beckett recently and I ADORE them. Need a photographer in the Greenville area? You've got to call Dear Lissie Photography!



{FOUR}
Christmas Sales

I must admit I've been pretty impressed wit the deals floating around this holiday season - I've scored some amazing deals!

Now, just because Cyber Monday and Black Friday are over, don't think you've missed out. THere are still some great deals to be had and I've rounded up a few that I came across this week.


{FIVE}
Biltmore at Christmas

Last Sunday we ventured up to Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC and it was fantastic! It was my first trip to the estate and I loved every minute of it! It was sort of like being on the set of Downton Abbey. I was a little surprised at how much I had learned about the social norms/customs from that era just by watching D.A., as most of what the audio tour told us about everyday life was rather similar to what is portrayed on the show. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous, and Beckett stayed awake talking (screeching and babbling) the entire time. 





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun--I've always wanted to visit Biltmore at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Instagram husband is hysterical! I can just hear my husband now! And I love that you got to see the Biltmore at Christmas!! I was hoping to go before our trip to Savannah in a few weeks, but it's just not the most gas efficient idea this time around! Maybe next year! Glad you had a great time and so excited that for first trip there was during the holiday! I can only image the beauty! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS