Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Review of the Infantino Squeeze Station

As promised, I am F-I-N-A-L-L-Y writing a review of the Infantino Squeeze Station. I've been making baby food for my 8 month old for several weeks now, and so far it's been working rather well. I am not making all of his food, just items that take minimal time, but also save some money.  I primarily make things like green beans, peas, squash, apples etc. These are all items I might keep in my fridge normally to cook for my husband and I. One or two days a week, I toss these items into a pot, cook them, and then puree them. I typically use jars from store bought food, however I wanted the option to make my own squeeze packs - hence my purchase of the Infantino Squeeze Station.

Overall, the station is very easy to use. No real instructions needed, and no real assembly required.  Based on reviews, its best to use the Infantino squeeze packs, but apparently you can substitute for cheaper brands. Also, Infantino also makes a reusable pack if you'd like a more 'green' option.


I chose to use pureed broccoli in the squeeze station's maiden voyage, and I'd give the performance a solid A.  I'm not sure if the issues I had were more based on the food item I chose, or if it was the station itself.




 As you can see, I had some water in the broccoli puree, and when filled into the pumps, the water began running out all over from the pressure. While the puree itself did make it into the pack, water went all over the bottom.



When it was all said and done, I had a packet of baby food and it definitely did the job. If you're looking for an on-the-go packet option, I suggest it. Although I like the station, I will probably continue buying packs from the store - simply because they are vacuum sealed and do not require refrigeration. I like to keep one or two of those in my diaper bag in case we are out and the baby needs a snack. However, I love the option to make my own packets (at a fraction of the cost) especially as those days of self feeding get closer. He might not be ready for spoons anytime soon, but I think we might be mastering the packet sooner than later!


I also think this station will serve me well as my kids get older - you can buy the larger tubs of yogurt and fill packs to save some serious cash. I never buy little cups of yogurt purely because of the cost - I can't imagine how much the go-gurts probably cost! Or, you can make your kids smoothies, or fruit snacks to take on the road. This is definitely something I will use for awhile, and I'm glad I made the investment (which, I might add was only about $19!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS