Monday, May 23, 2016

My fight against sugar.

Me and Sugar? It's pretty love-hate. (Mostly love, I must admit). I could eat ice cream 3 meals a day (and pretty much did in college). Luckily I was blessed with a metabolism that could mostly accommodate this less than stellar food choice. However, I do know that it's awful for me. And apprently it ages you. And makes you gain weight.

So, like most mothers (or, maybe its just me), I'm trying to give my child a healthy diet while simultaneously scarfing down all the chemically, processed foods I can get my hands on. #doasisaynotasido

Lately, I've been really bummed by the amount of sugar in yogurt. I've asked around and I've found taht some moms just 'pick their battles' when it comes to the yogurt sugar issue. That's mostly because their children will eat things that are not sweet. Like chicken. Or cheese. But for those of us raising children that only want to eat blueberries, bananas, yogurt. pb &j, and carbs -- well we gotta worry about the sugar in the yogurt. Because with pre-school nut rules - it's pretty much the ONLY protein I can send to school.

So this past week, I tried something not so new. I took the old smoothie recipes I used back when I had time in the morning and a health routine and doctored them up for the kiddo.

I blended blueberry, banana, and spinach and then I mixed it into plain greek yogurt. Voila. I had yogurt my kid would eat, it had minimal sugar (except the natural fruit sugars) and A VEGETABLE. If he only knew.

Add water to the mixture until it gets to this type of consistency - I used frozen fruit, so it melted some and became more watery. So, be careful not to add too much water if you use frozen.



The mixture should be thick.



I mixed the fruit into a bowl of yogurt until I got to the proportions I wanted - and voila!

When I was finished, I pulled out my infantino squeeze station, and made a few packets of yogurt to freeze. I would try to use all of this within 24 hours if you do not freeze it!



3 comments:

  1. Do you want to invest your money in Bitcoin and finding out how to buy bitcoin in Pakistan? Then you should know that you cannot buy BTC directly. To buy BTC you need a broker in Pakistan and there are many brokers available online. But they charge their own fees too. But if you want to buy bitcoin without paying any extra fees then Btcpakistan is another option for you. Through this site you can easily buy bitcoin with credit card or debit card at a low price. This site has no registration form so you can buy crypto coins anonymously. First of all, you will click on the exchange button and then there you will find an option for buying so choose that option. After this, start your purchasing process. Enter the amount of bitcoin that you want to buy and then choose a credit card as a payment option and then write details below and confirm the order. After some time you will get your coins into your wallet account. If you want to know more about how to buy bitcoin in Pakistan then you can go to the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting to read as I also tried to minimize my sugar-intake. It always works for me for some weeks, but then I am back to normal. I can suggest Skyr as an alternative to Joghurt, which can be added with some fruits. I start the day with it and its perfect. By the way, is this blog still active?
    Greetings from Nasendilatator Shop

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS