Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'm extremely cold.

The party is over. Winter is here. So much for getting a Florida winter this year...at least I got a warm Christmas! I learned a few things after leaving South Florida. First, 40 is prohibitively cold. As in, there are 4 papers on my front lawn because I'm too cold to go outside in the morning and get them (and they are too close to the invisible fence for the dog to get them). My solution? Apparently a shopping spree.

For those of you who are currently struggling like me, here is what I suggest:


1. Buy a parka. Full length is best, but I decided over kill for SC. So I went with knee length.


I got this bad boy during the black Friday shopping madness 40% off..So now it's almost back up to full price. But $278 is a small price to pay when you're facing losing fingers to frostbite (Ok, I exaggerate, but that's what it feels like.)




2. Stock up on warm sweaters

This sweater is $50 off, with an additiona 40% off right now...RUN. It's warm, its cute, and it's sequined. What's not to love?



3.  Start collecting sweats. 
Sure, this *sounds* like it will ruin your marriage. And, if you buy the Hanes ones from Costco, it might. But if you'd like to stay warm and cozy and not risk looking like Sue Sylvester - I'd recommend any fleece lounge wear item from Victoria's Secret.  And, right now the VS Semi Annual Sale is going on...so hurry!

Here are some of my favorites:

Hooded Tunic - I think this runs true to size, and if you want it slightly over sized order up. I'm always a small in VS, and I ordered this in a small. (I also have one in xs, and it fits too...just snug).

VS Bootcut Fleece Pants - These are more form fitting and narrow in the leg. I always order down in their pants - I wear an XS in these and they fit perfectly. However, they are not terribly long. They are perfect for me, but I have short legs. also they will probably shrink up some, so you may want to order a tall.

VS Boyfriend Fleece Pant - Order these if you like a wide leg loose fitting sweats. I don't they like these as much as the boot cut, but they are still warm and comfy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS