Friday, February 20, 2015

Five on Friday

{ONE}

Frozen Iguanas

I found a frozen Iguana on my patio this morning. Fun fact - when temperatures fall below 40, Iguanas will go into hibernation, and fall from the trees. It's almost like they are dead, as they won't move - but if its a quick freeze, he's most likely still alive. If it warms fast enough, those little guys will wake up and crawl away. It was quite a way to start the morning, and my hound was thrilled by it. (Excuse the blurriness...I wasn't going to get much closer! They freak me out...)




{TWO}

Our glider/rocker is in!

The baby glider has arrived! The hubster and I are driving down to Boca on Saturday morning to go and pick it up! We went with the Storytime Series recliner, and frankly we bought it so long ago, I'm a little nervous! I hope its as comfortable as the one in the store, and I hope I'm ok not having an ottoman. Originally I wanted the ottoman and chair that glided together but settled on the recliner as it was the most comfortable AND fit my incredibly long torso. (I literally sat in EVERY chair at Bellini, and was too tall for 99% of them - and I'm only 5'8"!) This chair can recline almost all the way back and can do so without having to use the lever on the side.  Space is a concern for us right now, so I liked the idea of having the option of a root rest without having to always have it out.

Here is the stock photo of our chair in our colors (or something close)


{THREE}

Officially under the 2 months to go mark!

This week marked my 33rd week of pregnancy, which means we have less than two months until we meet this little one! So far so good, and I must admit this has been MUCH easier than I thought it would be. (Famous last words, eh?) So far the rings are still on, no swollen ankles or extremities. I've just about grown out of anything non-maternity however, which made dressing for these cold temps a little tricky. (I've mostly only purchased summer maternity clothing). Thank goodness for the new trend of 'side zippers' on tops, I've managed to make a sweatshirt and sweater into 'maternity' tops! It's getting hard to bend over now, and every time I try, I'm reminded there is a little person in there and there's no more 'give'. 

{FOUR}

Valentine's Day Recap

Last weekend we went to a restaurant on the Island (Palm Beach for those not familiar...) called PB Catch. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was totally blown away. We both had excellent meals, and really indulged ourselves! If you're ever looking for an amazing seafood meal in Palm Beach, check out PB Catch for sure!
A picture of the Chilean Sea Bass I had...AMAZING.
Not only are they known for their amazing seafood, but were also recently featured on Nat Geo Wild's show "Fish Tank Kings".  The designers came up with a custom 350 gallon tank - and on Valentines Day it was lit up to a bright shade of pink! 


I would highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass and the Crispy Bay Scallops (ate it too fast to snag a pic!) To peruse the menu, click here.

{FIVE}

Scary Breastfeeding classes at the hospital.

So, I know this isn't really a favorite of this week, but its been a fun thing to talk about on my IG account. Apparently the lactation consultant at the hospital where I'll be delivering is a total nut job.  Her signature teaching tool is to show YouTube videos (some hysterical and awkward like the one below, and some just by breastfeeding nazis) and make non-medically based assertions about the evils of formula feeding. 

(Ladies, FYI, formula will not necessarily doom your child to a life of allergies, obesity, and SIDs. Clearly, breastfeeding has major health benefits but if you can't do it, don't stress. I'm a formula baby,  and know many other formula fed babies that have none of the above issues! :) ) 

For your viewing pleasure, here is one video that apparently this course facilitator showed a class this past winter.  One of the class participants posted it on Instagram. So much for expecting the medically trained Lactation Consultant to provide me with MEDICALLY BASED direction on how to feed and care for my child. I could have watched YouTube at home....

WARNING: this video shows women feeding...so if you don't wanna see it, don't click it.




4 comments:

  1. Yay for only two months to go! The finish line is in sight. I love your chair, and somehow I never even thought about a recliner. Oh well, next baby? ;) Ummm that video is crazy and I feel like lactation consultants should focus on medical facts, not their own personal opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen iguanas, ha! Too crazy. And that video is a HOOT ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...LOVE the name! The iguana---CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS