Thursday, May 12, 2016

Family Room Decor

So today was the #OneRoomChallenge Reveal day- you know, for those people who are actually moving forward on decorating projects. For those of us that are spending months agonizing over...everything, well, we're still agonizing. However, their progress has given me a little push to get back to work.

Decorating our new house has been an agonizing process. It takes so long to figure out a space, and how it functions. And once you learn how your family uses that space, then comes the task of actually putting your Houzz Idea Boards to work. And realizing you just might need to win the lottery to do it. Moving from our small rental home in Florida, we did not have a ton of furniture, and the majority of it were hand-me-downs. The prospect of furnishing a new home has been daunting, but the challenge of picking furniture to use for the next 20 years or so? well you get the idea.

I've gotten a decent start on our family room, but it still feels terribly unfinished, with parts that are cluttered and random.  I haven't updated you since we added our end tables - so today they will make their debut!




This is the Emeline Side Table from Ballard Designs - l-o-v-e it! 


So this is the current color scheme I'm working with. I have a few ideas of swatches but I'm so torn on what to do! 

My top choice is this Robert Allen Print:




It comes in a blue background that matches the colors in my rug exactly - but I am not sure if it's 'too much of the same'?


As much as I love this print, I'm concerned that the print competes with my rug. This will be a process for sure. 

Here are some of the coordinating prints I have considered as well:











I"m totally overwhelmed. Help!


My favorite prints all seem to be $150 a yard...so if you have any ideas that might go with these colors, feel free to share!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS