Sunday, June 8, 2014

A little of this, a little of that.

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Does anyone else feel like that went by WAY too fast? I surely do. I wanted to follow up on this weekend's happenings, and my Five on Friday post.


First off, beach Yoga (my #4 for my Five on Friday) was very interesting. I love yoga, and for awhile I was very consistent in my practice. However, since leaving Greenville, I have fallen off the Yoga bandwagon, and this was one of my first attempts at getting back at it.  If you've never tried Yoga on the beach, I would advise you to pay special attention to the placement of your hands and the way that you distribute you weight on them. If you aren't careful, the heel of your hands will sink into the sand and put a lot of pressure on your wrists.  Be sure to spread the weight evenly through your palms and fingers (spread them wide!). This primarily applies to beaches like ours in Florida -- in other areas where the sand is packed down, this probably wouldn't be an issue.  The beaches in my county are often renourished with new sand, and therefore it is very deep and loose.   Interestingly enough - I actually found it easier to balance in my Warrior positions (I think its because the sand actually helped to stabilize my feet).  One of my favorite poses, bridge pose, was actually really challenging, and it seriously hurt my wrists! You MUST be spot on with each of your poses, or you really can hurt yourself!



Since most Yoga Instructors frown upon stopping your practice to snag a few action shots, I've only got a few 'before' photos. :)

Yogis in the distance


Shortly after this photo was taken, I was cat called by a car full guys who appeared to be 'cruising' at 8 am. Makes total sense.


One other note -- don't fight the sand. It's impossible. Bring the largest towel/blanket you can, and just know that when you leave, you will be covered from head to toe. I might actually consider doing yoga in my bathing suit under my leggings -- then afterwards I can shower as soon as I come off the beach. My bathroom is now FULL of sand!

Sandy Selfie (I swear, there was sand ALL over me)


The second best part about this weekend was golfing! My husband and I finally got around to setting a tee time, and I'm so glad that we did. Neither of played particularly well - but we both chalked that up to the fact that it was about 120 degrees outside :)



Watching some golf, and enjoying a cold one!


I'd say the highlight of the entire day, was while we were putting on the back nine -- I heard a funny noise coming from our golf cart, and when I looked back I saw what I thought was a cat in our cart - it was in fact, a raccoon! He stole a pack of pretzels, and ran off. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I chased the little sucker -- did I think I was going to get the pretzels back?! Regardless, he ran up a tree, and here are the shots we got....




How was your weekend? Let me know!

xoxo
M


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS