Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday - Birthday Edition

Hello Friday! Join me in teaming up with my friend April at A. Liz Adventures and give us your Five On Friday!


One.
The Big 3-0

That's right kids, the fun is over. Middle aged is on its way. (I think I'm feeling some arthritis as I type this). I turned 30 yesterday. It was awful, and I cried. At least 3 times before lunch. I'm pretty sure my husband would attest that at least 5 meltdowns in the last 4 months have been due to the fact that I am turning 30. And now its here. The jig is up. The fun is over. (Can this get any more depressing???) Good news, folks, we're going to pull a Scarlett O'Hara and just think about this tomorrow because tonight, tonight we're going to SOUTH BEACH.

Two.
The Raleigh Hotel

My sweet husband planned a birthday weekend at this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G hotel in Miami - I cannot wait to get there! He has even typed up an itinerary, that has remained completely secret. This will be a weekend for the books, I'm sure!!

I will post some pics when I get back, but for now here is a taste...










Three.
Milly of NY - Parrot Print Fit and Flare Dress
I have found that the best way to celebrate any birthday (even if its a horrible age) is to buy an amazing dress. This particular pattern went down the runway at Milly NY's spring fashion show - but Shop Bop is the only store in which this silhouette can be found. Frankly - I just love the high-low and fit and flare look to this little number! Right now its 30% off!

Untitled #12
I purchased the dress on the left, but just in case you prefer the shape on the right, you can find it at www.cusp.com.

Four.
Getting Flowers at Work
I have never gotten flowers at work. Not because my husband isn't thoughtful or sensitive. It's because apparently in 2004 I allegedly called flowers 'a waste of money'. (Surely, I must have been drunk). That phrase is permanently engraved in his brain. However, I will say, that when it comes to being thoughtful my husband is the master. (I mean seriously - he planned an entire trip to South Beach for my birthday complete with secret itinerary -- did I mention he proposed to me with a poem he had written himself? #sweetestguyever) I think that to him, merely making a call to a florist to have some sight unseen bouquet delivered in front of all of my co-workers isn't quite good enough. However, this doesn't mean I haven't always secretly hoped one day he would do it..
So this year, for the dirty thirty, my parents sent me flowers at work. Check it off the bucket list! Babe, you're off the hook.



Five
Co-workers who know how to celebrate

Yesterday at about 3 pm I was called into the break room to find THIS.


Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake. I die.

Anyone who knows me knows that if I could sustain myself off of ice cream, I would. I actually 'rated' the colleges I visited on their ice cream selection in the dining hall. (Note: Converse College keeps at least 5-6 flavors out consistently. And they have rainbow sprinkles. Double win.)

This just proves that I have the best co-workers ever. And that they know the proper way to celebrate a birthday.



That's it for this week! What are your five?

Stay tuned for Miami updates...
xoxo
M

1 comment:

  1. AH! I'm about to turn 30. Hope my b-day is as amazing as yours was!!!
    Also... I don't know about you, but I've been super bummed about missing five on Friday for the summer. If you're interested my friend Karli {september FARM} and I {the farmer's wife} are starting up a link-up "oh hey, friday!" with the exact same outline and would love for you to join us tomorrow or any Friday! Hope to see you there.
    xoxo
    Amy
    denimandplaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS