Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birthday Weekend Update - The Raleigh Hotel

Hey Friends!

I made it through the big 3-0 and I'm starting feel ok with it. It's hard to be depressed about your age when your husband plans a mini-honeymoon for you, and whisks you off to a glamorous hotel for an amazing weekend! As I shared in my Friday Post, my husband and I went to The Raleigh Hotel in South Beach to celebrate. It was a fantastic weekend away, and the hotel was easily one of my favorites. If you ever consider going down to South Beach, I highly recommend this hotel! The pool is obviously its best feature, but I just love the art deco decor, blended with modern touches, resulting in a retro chic feeling that made you feel as glamorous as an Ad Girl from Mad Men. (And, seeings as I secretly wish I lived in my grandparents era, it was RIGHT up my alley...)


An impressive front drive..


a photo of Jackie hanging in the lobby area...but I'm not sure who she is with. The walls were covered with photographs of top models, celebrities, and fashion icons, like Versace.


 Here are a few shots of my favorite spots at the hotel:



Bathroom:
The bathroom was floor to ceiling mint green tiles - just like most 50s style homes - but the single glass divider panel between the shower and the rest of the room made it feel like a completely updated and modern room.



Bedroom


I didn't grab a shot of our room, but here is a stock image to give you an idea...the ocean is right out that window!

The view from our window!




Pool/Patio



My view from the breakfast table...


 Beach






 Dress: Milly NY (can only be found here); Shoes: Jack Rogers Mid Wedge; Bag: Kate Spade New York (last year); Jewelry: Hautelook Earrings, Calvin Klein tortoise shell bangles, Nordstrom Watch
Checking out the Cabanas on the beach (clearly after hours...) as we walk over to the SLS for a night cap!
Excuse the blurriness...my photographer is a little new at this...

Restaurant


The Hotel Restaurant, Michael Schwartz, was truly a fine dining experience. The dishes were interesting, and exquisitely prepared. My husband got the ceviche and fried hominy, and I had a crab cake over a carrot puree (seriously - it was outstanding).



For those interested in a menu snapshot...


I ate too fast to take snapshot of dinner, but here is the most important meal of the day, dessert.


Lemon Bread Pudding (the things that look like chalk is meringue)
Of course, I had the Tequila Mockingbird. And the Oaxacan. But not all at the same time :)


This is just a little glimpse into our trip...more to come later after I upload all my photos!

xx
M













3 comments:

  1. That hotel looks amazing!! If only I was at the pool right now... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Jackie is pictured with Oleg Cassini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good to know! I spotted her right away :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS