Tuesday, July 8, 2014

#Trending Tuesday - Mixing and Matching Dressy & Casual Pieces

Today I'm teaming up with some great bloggers to bring you #Trending Tuesday! Check out these ladies' blogs for some great new trends!




When it comes to shopping, my greatest weakness are those one of a kind ‘where am I going to wear this’ types of items. I am always drawn to things that are different, that stand out, and are unique. I will often avoid items that seem to be too ‘everyday’ or too over done. As a result, I am left with a closet full of fantastic pieces and no where to wear them. (Great plan, huh?) So, I’ve started looking for ways to incorporate these items into my every day life. The trend I'm bring to you today, is mixing dressy & casual pieces for a polished look!

This past spring, I purchased this sequin crop top and pencil skirt set in the spring, hoping for an amazing cocktail event that I could wear them.





So far, no event. But, I have found a way to work this darling statement piece into my wardrobe. I paired it with a J’adore graphic tee and a pair of plain black pumps, and work it to work. The first thing my husband said was, “Can you wear t-shirts to work??”. Well, this t-shirt look, you totally can.  If I were wearing this outfit out, I would probably jazz it up a little more by wearing my hot pink patent strappy sandals. But, since I am wearing this to work, I opted for some classic black pumps. Give you any ideas for things in your closet? Try pairing unconventional items together, you just might love your new look.
xoxo
M


Excuse the quality of my cell phone camera pics (and my unmade bed), unlike other fashion bloggers, I have not my own professional photographer to follow me around. J


Shirt: J.Crew Factory/ Skirt: Express sold out (love this)/ Necklace: Hautelook (see this post for more info)/ pumps: Kristin Cavallari for Chinese Laundry





5 comments:

  1. I love this look - it actually combines the graphic tee's I'm talking about today!! You look gorgeous! Stopping by from the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Can't wait to see your post, I love a graphic tee! 👕:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you paired the sequins with a graphic tee & you're lucky you can wear that to work!! Thanks for linking with us :)

    Kristina
    medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your look! Your shirt is adorable! I'm stopping by from the Trending Tuesday Link Up!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, for such a warm welcome! I had fun joining your link up :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS