Friday, February 13, 2015

Five on Friday

{one}

Ed Sheeren & John Mayer's duet of "Thinking Out Loud". Swoon.




{two}

What's Up Mom's new "Blank Spaces" Parody

I love to watch EVERY video on this YouTube Channel - but this newest one has got me in stitches. So funny!


{three}

J. Crew is my hero. 

If you're pregnant, you know how often you end up at Destination Maternity. If you're like me, and LOVE clothing and fashion, a part of you dies every time you set foot inside. Sure, you can find some cute stuff that's doesn't cost a fortune. However, for the most part, I feel like the quality of the clothing is severely lacking and every time you buy something full price, you inevitably see it 70% off a month later. If it wasn't for the Pea in the Pod section, I would have no pants. (P.S. AG makes the BEST over the belly maternity pants. Period. Suck it up, the cost is worth it.)

I decided to take a chance on my favorite retailer's maternity line - J.Crew. Most of my clothing is J.Crew - it's my go to store when I need staples (that are actually interesting to look at, and are good quality). I started with a pair of Navy Blue Minnie Pants. I loved the under the belly style, they fit well, looked nice, didn't need to be ironed -- you get the picture.

After less than 6 months of wearing them, I noticed the side panels of elastic were coming apart, and had little holes in them. I was frustrated, J.Crew typically holds up VERY well. So, I made a phone call to customer service to let them know about the issue - with no real expectation. I jsut wanted them to know -- and hopefully rectify the design issue (J.Crew maternity is rather new I think). Much to my surprise, I will be recieving a brand new pair of pants in the mail next week! I am SO excited, and so pleased! So ladies - get the heck out of Destination Maternity and head over to www.jcrew.com and buy some pants! (And this weekend sale is on sale -- 40-50% off!)

{four}

Mom Purse.

I'm sure many of you saw the Kate Spade Surprise Sale this week. Know what didn't surprise my husband? Finding a box on our doorstep two days later :)

I bought this bag, as my new "mommy purse". I saw Heather DuBrow carry a Stella McCartney bookbag purse on the RHOC trip to Bali last year, and I've wanted one ever since. Since Stella is a tad out of my budget, Kate worked out quite well. 

I feel like this is the perfect solution to needing to carry a purse but also having hands full of baby, gear, and being on the go. From the zoo, the fair, the park or just Target - I think this bag might be just the ticket!



{five}

Temporary Changing Table Solutions.

We are currently living in a rental with limited space - and not so much room for baby. (There really should be though, with 1700 sq feet and 3 bedrooms...apparently we just need A LOT of space to live). We plan on moving sometime in the summer after the baby is born, so I have resisted buying a nursery furniture set until we settle on the new place. This idea was perfect considering the baby would be in a bassinet until then. However, we were stuck on what to do about a changing table. We want to do a dresser with a topper eventually, but for now need a temporary spot to store diapers/wipes etc and do the actual changing. (I know a lot of people just do it on the bed or on the floor, but I wanted a designated area - changing a baby on the guest bed just doesn't sound sanitary to me...and what happens when you have guests?) So, I opted for a pack and play with a changer station and built in shelves.  We already have one pack n play that is much simpler, lightweight, and generally better for travel - as you can see below this beast is not necessarily meant to travel. I know it sounds nuts to have 2, but when you live far away from friends, family, and vacation spots it seemed to make sense for us to have a back up!  The big one arrived this week, and Stephen had it almost completely put together by the time I got home from work. I'll let you know how it works out!


Enjoy your Valentine's Day weekend! 





4 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Ed Sheeran's music... that performance was fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mom video, so funny! I'm getting a pack and play for both of our mother's houses so they have all the basics for baby. So useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another one I got, and it's at my mom's house in SC! Good plan :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously though, I'm starting to think that maternity clothes are designed to fall apart quickly. Nothing that I had for my first pregnancy made it through my third!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS