Friday, August 15, 2014

Oh, Hey Friday!

It's BACK! Oh Friday I've never been so happy to see you. Linking up once again with The Farmer's Wife & September Farm to bring you my Friday Five...

ONE
The Florida Keys

This past weekend we went down to Islamorada to stay at a friend's house in the Keys. I haven't been down in several years and it was SO nice to have a relaxing weekend by the water! It's lobster season down there, and we tried our best to reel in 3 of the largest lobsters I have EVER seen (in Florida...). They are all still down there, and Natalie, if you're reading this, I hope you caught that sucker.

Here are a few fun pics I snapped:






an attempt at a selfie...I think the humidity is affecting the focus...

TWO
Healthy Summer Salads
When its 90+ and humid every day, its nice to eat light meals! I made this salad with leftovers from a steak night we had, and it turned out great! I simply took arugula, baby bella mushrooms, grilled steak, red onion, green pepper, and blue cheese crumbles and tossed them together. I topped them with my favorite dressing - flavored balsamic vinegar! I do not use oil on my salads anymore - just this vinegar. This particular flavor is cinnamon pear and is from a shop in Greenville, SC. I have been noticing that these types of stores are popping up everywhere, and there is one near my gym! I can't wait to give it a try as well.




This vinegar is good on salads, but its GREAT drizzled on vanilla ice cream...

THREE
Junior League!

I finally (after talking about it for the last year) joined the Junior League! I moved here right during the end of recruitment last year, and was just too exhausted to even think about doing one more thing. Looking back, I really wished I had joined, because I think it would have helped me to make a lot more friends in the last year. However, better late than never right? So, I joined this past spring, and this Saturday is our first new members event!

FOUR
Rodan + Fields

I've recently started using the Rodan + Fields Eye Cream. I have a few wrinkles/puffiness around my eyes (see the selfie with my husband - YIKES!) and wanted to give a new product a try. I just started it at the end of July, so I'll let you know after my 2 month supply runs out if I think it works!

FIVE
Vitamix

Recently, my in-laws gave a GREAT gift -- a Vitamix blender!! We have used it to make guacamole and a few smoothies, but this weekend I am determined to really put it to the test. I have a TON of basil and tomatoes, and I think I might make some homemade tomato sauce! Or Soup. I haven't decided yet, but I'll let you know how it goes!



That's it for me this week...what are your five?

xoxo
M



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics from the Keys! I've always heard the mid-upper Keys are so much prettier and serene than Key West :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks delish! What do you think of the Vitamix? I've been super annoyed with our blender lately, but apprehensive about taking the plunge and purchasing a fancy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to the Keys but it looks so beautiful!
    I'm curious how the eye cream works. I have VERY sensitive eyes, so I'm not using anything right now but I would really like to figure out what to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amanda - so far I love it! I will say that it is much more complicated to use, so you really do have to read the instructions. Mine came iwth a cookbook with explicit instructions on how to process different types of items, and then once you get the hang of it you can apply it as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rebecca, so far the eye cream seems fine, but I havent noticed any major changes..I'll update the blog later on though!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS