Thursday, August 14, 2014

Playing with Pastels


So this Thoughts for Thursday has me thinking (more like dreaming) about fall. While I'll totally be rubbing it in that its still warm here throughout the winter, just know that I'm super jealous that most of the U.S. gets to have fall....so, here we go!

The end of summer is no where in site for me, but the rest of you are slowly starting to prepare for the transition to fall as September creeps up on us. I always find that this transitional time of year is the hardest to dress for - especially if you're like me, and live in white. Once its mid-September wearing white and summery prints can be tricky - even though in states like South Carolina where its still 85 degrees. Lately I've noticed, and I'm sure you have too, that the color palate for the summer was focused on more muted hues and feminine prints. These colors and prints are the perfect items to carry you through summer and into fall.  I picked out several items that look great on summer bronzed skin and would pair well with your favorite white jeans - but, could also be paired with more earthy neutrals to take you into early fall.  One item in particular in this collection is my favorite (no, its not the crop top) - the laser cut open toe bootie pump from Ann Taylor. Last fall I bought my first pair of open toe laser cut print booties by Via Spiga, and I adore them. They give you the cool comfort of a sandal, but look a little more 'fall-ish'. I wear mine year round, but for those of you with seasons, this is a great shoe to transition you.  To shop these looks, just click the links below!
xoxo
M

Playing with Pastels


Rebecca Taylor white shirt
rebeccataylor.com


Rebecca Taylor top
piperlime.gap.com


Vince sweater
piperlime.gap.com


Rhyme Los Angeles tweed jacket
piperlime.gap.com


BB Dakota coat
piperlime.gap.com



Paige Denim jeans
piperlime.gap.com


Ankle boots
anntaylor.com


Rebecca Minkoff green purse
saksfifthavenue.com


ZAC Zac Posen leather handbag
piperlime.gap.com


Rebecca Minkoff satchel handbag
rebeccaminkoff.com





2 comments:

  1. Cute! As a Texan, I'm with you on the continuing summer thing... It won't be fall here until late Oct. or early Nov, so I'm no where near to unpacking sweaters and riding boots. Love those sunnies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these picks!! We don't really get fall until October here but most people start pulling out the jeans and boots come Sept 1

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS