Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Trending Tuesday - Waist Purses!

Hi Lovelies!

I've been dying to post a "Trending Tuesday" entry after spotting my favorite trend in a Rebecca Minkoff ad -- The Waist Purse. Not a fanny pack, a Waist Purse. No fanny action at all.  I've seen the Louis Vuitton waist pack - but let's be honest, sometimes the super high end expensive trends only seem to work if you're Rihanna. And frankly, if I"m going to fork over the money for an LV, it will be a classic bag that I will carry every day. For the rest of my life. I first became obsessed with this look in 2009 while watching the hit series Burn Notice. Fiona always rocked one, and I decided I needed one as well. So, Fiona's bag was designer and of course impossible to find/afford, so I had to scrounge across the internet to find one myself. I finally settled on one inexpensive leather bag from bags.com. It's real leather, but its not that special. If you search the blogs, you'll find the best place (until recently) to purchase a bag like is Happy Cow. I originally looked on this site - but was hesitant to spend $100 on one. So I went with the cheaper one on bags.com. 

(In case you somehow missed Burn Notice (It's a MUST watch - you can stream it on Netflix!) Here are a few images of her cool Miami style, and her hip bag.) (She had several...)




Here are the options that Happy Cow currently carries - they are a little more edgy/tough, and more casual for everyday use. 


I have been all set to invest in a cooler looking, better hip bag from Happy Cow, but for some reason, I just hadn't pulled the trigger. Apparently that's because fate wanted me to find THIS:



This bag comes in black and gray for right now. It also comes with a chain handle, so if you want to carry it as a small purse or clutch - you can. However, I totally recommend wearing it on your hip. 

Now, you may be saying to yourself, I'm not an ex-member of the IRA with a C-4 fetish so why do I need a hip bag?? Two words ladies. Free Hands. Two more words? Free shoulders.

There are a few places I love to wear my hip purse: 

The Grocery Store

You dont have to worry about walking away from your buggy to get something and leaving your purse, or worse, lugging it around.

The Mall

You've got enough bags to carry.

The Dog Park

Because that's just annoying

Concerts/Fairs/Festivals

Feel free to dance, ride rides, and relax!

Anywhere with your children

Do I even need to explain that?

Horse Shows

This past weekend, I went to a horse show and rocked my hip bag. It was perfect for that event, and I didn't have to carry around anything extra - just my keys, phone, cards, and sunglasses. Done.

Here's a little selfie action: 





So what do you think? Have I sold you? I've been trying to make this trend work since 2009, and while I *like* my current hip bag, I think I can make you all believers with the new Rebecca Minkoff bag. This is definitely on my watch list! #weneedanothersaleladies

XO
M








2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS